Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Fossilman\'s Stars Account Hacked?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, my account was hacked.

It appears that this ikeyrson bastard managed to guess my password after making multiple attempts. He then played like an idiot as you are all aware, blatantly dumping chips from my account to his account. Based upon dozens of emails sent to PokerStars security, they jumped in and froze his account. So, all of my money will be returned, and he gets nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a dick but i know of people(some have posted on 2p2) that got their stars acct hacked and stars does not give them their money back. WTF?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Of course I am glad their attempts were thwarted, but I'm gonna give credit to the hackers for the kamikaze nature of this mission. I mean, did they think they could actually make money by hacking one of the highest profile players anywhere online? My hunch is that they were overjoyed just to have guessed Greg's password correctly.

As an aside, I think it's very professional and upstanding that Stars security will not tell Greg the hackers' real identity, just like they wouldn't tell any one of us.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 PM

The password probably had the word fossil or lizard in it.

Something like fossildog or lizardeyes
Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF man, you owe Yuv .. something... anything

He emailed stars saving ur ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Him and 50+ other people..
Old 03-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Guess Raymer\'s password contest!

I go with "Bosco". That was George's password on Seinfeld.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Guess Raymer\'s password contest!

I don't understand why the hacker didn't just transfer funds into his account lol How dumb is it to dump chips like this and think they could get away.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, my account was hacked.

It appears that this ikeyrson bastard managed to guess my password after making multiple attempts. He then played like an idiot as you are all aware, blatantly dumping chips from my account to his account. Based upon dozens of emails sent to PokerStars security, they jumped in and froze his account. So, all of my money will be returned, and he gets nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a dick but i know of people(some have posted on 2p2) that got their stars acct hacked and stars does not give them their money back. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly in this case Stars was able to freeze the account before any money was transfered out. If they didn't return the money to Raymer that would mean Stars kept the money. That doesn't sound like Star policy to me. It's the cases where a hacked account arranges a multi site trade with another player that the hacked player doesn't get their money back because the money is gone. Had this happened to Raymer I wouldn't expect him to get his money back.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As an aside, I think it's very professional and upstanding that Stars security will not tell Greg the hackers' real identity, just like they wouldn't tell any one of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure of the level of sarcasm here. I'm guessing minimal or none.

I think it's kind of strange they won't tell you the name of the guy who hacked it.
What is the reasoning for not revealing it?

In other news:
- glad Greg's account is okay
- concerned about how common this is
- concerned about how many tries somebody can 'guess' a password before the account gets locked. There was one time I couldn't remember my password and I kept trying and trying and trying and NEVER got locked
- wonder if Stars will ever consider having a different handle for logging-in then the player-handle that is used on the table. Every hacker already has half the equation for trying to get into your account. And they perhaps get unlimited password-guess attempts if they want.

- Conclusion: It seems unusually easy to get away with something like this on Stars but I'm really not sure if my hunch on this is accurate.
Is the other guy going to have his funds confiscated? (he had to have SOMETHING in his account in order to buy-in at the table)

Seems especially advantageous to give it a try if you get one of those Visa debit-cards and can cash-out fairly quickly.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anybody out there finds out who it is

P.S. - lol hackerments

[/ QUOTE ]

Wat kinda person would do such a thing?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:13 PM

I also would love to take advantage of a feature of "only allow my account to log-in from THIS computer."

This could stop a lot of hacking attempts cold I suspect.