Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Can J.J. Liu Make History Tonight?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I left the medical facility at 4:30am local time on Saturday.

All I know at 2:15pm local time on Saturday is that J.J. has been released from the medical facility.

I have no further information.

I don't know yet if or when J.J. and Dan will release a public statement. Until then, please respect J.J. and Dan's need for privacy.

Thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I clearly hope she's okay just like everyone else does, but why do you keep writing these "at the hospital, NO FURTHER COMMENT" statements. If you want to respect her privacy don't bring it up at all. Obviously you're just trying to be dramatic or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

WorldPokerTour.com's Gary Wise did acknowledge in his blog that J.J. was in physical pain and had to depart from the TV final table without being able to participate in the post-tournament festivities, including the congratulatory interview and "victory toast" scene that had to be filmed for TV.

Ted Forrest also mentioned to CardPlayer.com that J.J. was in physical pain. He was obviously aware of what was happening to J.J. during the tournament. I congratulated Ted for his victory before I had to leave the TV set prior to Ted's "money shot".

So the part of the story regarding J.J. having to endure pain and having to miss the post-tournament festivities became public shortly after the tournament ended.

--

I posted the entry at 4am from the waiting room of the medical facility because I felt the need to stop additional people (besides "MrFizzbin") in the 2+2 audience who feel that they need to take cheap shots at either J.J., Dan, and/or me in order to justify their daily existence.

Obviously I have failed, as you have decided to take a cheap shot at me even after I appeal to the 2+2 audience not to post insensitive remarks.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I left the medical facility at 4:30am local time on Saturday.

All I know at 2:15pm local time on Saturday is that J.J. has been released from the medical facility.

I have no further information.

I don't know yet if or when J.J. and Dan will release a public statement. Until then, please respect J.J. and Dan's need for privacy.

Thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I clearly hope she's okay just like everyone else does, but why do you keep writing these "at the hospital, NO FURTHER COMMENT" statements. If you want to respect her privacy don't bring it up at all. Obviously you're just trying to be dramatic or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

WorldPokerTour.com's Gary Wise did acknowledge that J.J. was in physical pain and had to depart from the TV final table without being able to participate in the post-tournament festivities.

That part of the story became public shortly after the tournament ended.

I posted the entry at 4am from the waiting room of the medical facility because I felt the need to stop additional people (besides "MrFizzbin") in the 2+2 audience who feel that they need to take cheap shots at either J.J., Dan, and/or me in order to justify their daily existence.

Obviously I have failed, as you have decided to take a cheap shot at me even after I appeal to the 2+2 audience not to post insensitive remarks.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, I don't know your background and how you're tied to JJ so I might be out of line, but it just seems like the tone in your posts was that of showing off how you're friends with JJ and how mysterious you are instead of actually respecting her privacy.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

okay, I don't know your background and how you're tied to JJ so I might be out of line, but it just seems like the tone in your posts was that of showing off how you're friends with JJ and how mysterious you are instead of actually respecting her privacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hired by J.J. and Dan to be J.J.'s agent in October. My hiring, and the subsequent sponsorship deal I negotiated for J.J. with FullTiltPoker.NET to be a "Friend of Full Tilt", were common knowledge in the industry.

Given that J.J. does not have enough media obligations to warrant hiring a separate publicist to handle her needs, I am serving as J.J.'s de-facto publicist at this time.

I will admit that I was never formally trained to be a publicist (my 2nd Master's Degree was in Financial Engineering from UC Berkeley's Haas Business School), and that I am learning the public relations craft "on the job".

This particular event was the first time I had to operate in "crisis mode" as a poker player agent, and I will admit that I still have a lot to learn about the public relations responsibilities of being an agent.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:57 PM

For the record Oliver, I wasn't being insensitive to JJ I really did want to see her win and I was disappointed to see she came in second, I hope she is healthy, all is well. I was being insensitive to you, and my post was made before anybody knew anything was physically wrong. I may be trollish but I'm not inhumane.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:42 AM

Fizz, he was accusing Keyser, not you, of being insensitive (I believe).

Anyway, congrats to JJ and to Oliver Tse.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:33 AM

Wasn’t olivert the guy who ratted out some college athlete who played poker and as a result got his scholarship taken away?

Why is anyone nice to him at all?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:37 AM

Would she really be the first? ...

What was that thing Vanessa Rousso won?

-TheMan
Old 03-18-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn’t olivert the guy who ratted out some college athlete who played poker and as a result got his scholarship taken away?

Why is anyone nice to him at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious abou that?

I hope that isn't true. Even if it was, oliver will deny it.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would she really be the first? ...

What was that thing Vanessa Rousso won?

-TheMan

[/ QUOTE ]

She hasn't won much of anything. She did win a 5k nl event at last year's Borgata. She also finished 7th at last year's WPT Championship and was on the most recent WPT ladies night.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player was suspended for 1 tournament, details here.