Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: On The Velocity: thirddan\'s log

Wow, I just got into working out so I've never measured my bodyfat %, but I'm roughly 5'7 160 and I look a lot leaner than that, so my % must be much lower! Not to rag on you or anything, now I'm genuinely curious what bf% I have and how people look at various %'s.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM

skunk,
ive never noticed anything like the tingling before, it kind of freaked me out and was still bothering me when i went to sleep around 230am...to be honest i didn't work as hard as i should have because it was bothering me, so i didn't go as heavy during the rest of my program...

ic5,
the close grip i did last night was with a weight attached short bar (not sure if they have a real name), about the size of an EZ curl bar but straight...i was going to do skull crushers but my grip was still bothering me (see my tingly finger problem) so i decided to do close grip for more reps...

godof,
heh, congrats on being in better shape than me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thats why im here...its something i have been wordering about to, and its making it somewhat difficult for me to set a weight/body fat goal since i have really no idea what i will look like at 15%/12%/8% since i have always been chubby...

so, after my "dialogue" with thremp last night i decided to buy the biotest protein meal replacement (metabolic drive) and their pwo (surge) to follow the velocity diet as closely as possible to hopefully get solid results...i have also decided to remove all solid food, so this morning no oatmeal and def no solid dinner...

March 15
Weight: 160.2
BF 19.3

didn't sleep well last night, got maybe 4 solid hours, not really sure why as i was pretty tired...fingers were bothering me all night but are fine now, i did get a nice burn/scrape on my right forearm from rubbing against my pant leg while doing dead lifts, but whatever...

i wasn't too thrilled with only a .2 drop in bf, but then did a quick calc and if that sustains i will lose 5.6%bf during the 28 days of this diet (which i may extend a day or two since i cheated the first two days, we shall see)...

edit: i also took two HRX capsules this morning, hopefully that goes ok...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: i also took two HRX capsules this morning, hopefully that goes ok...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on my 3rd day of HRX (down 8 lbs.). I cannot fall asleep bfore 2AM (normally 11) and I am waking up before my alarm at 6:30. I feel fine during the day but wonder how long I am going to be able to function on 4 1/2 hours of sleep a day.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 PM

suitedSixes,

what times are you taking your doses? how many capsules?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
suitedSixes,

what times are you taking your doses? how many capsules?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two when I wake up at 6:30 and two at 12:30-1:00
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 PM

March 16

Weight: 158.0
BF: 19.0

not bad...down 2lbs since yesterday and .3%bf...so now for the bad news...yesterday i felt like total crap...i was until i got home from work around 7pm, very lightheaded some very slight nausea and a total lack of energy...i imagine this is based more on the fact that i got very little sleep moreso than the diet (which is somewhat encouraging)...i ate only my 5 shakes, no solid food...it came in slightly below my daily calorie intake but close enough not to worry, it was 1200 and im supposed to get at least 1300 on non-lifting days, but whatever...i think part of the problem was that the day had less than 25g of carbs, while not bad that combined with lack of sleep and a tired body from lifting the night before made the night pretty terrible...

but i rested most of the evening, watched the illusionist (pretty good) watched Borat (pretty good, overrated imo) and then got about 7.5 hours of sleep, thats more like it...woke up this morning, popped my HRX, which im kind of glad i don't feel too much other than the burping and feel pretty darn good today...

i decided, prob cuz im a puss that i would have a smaller than normal bowl of oatmeal (less than 1 serving) to get some carbs/energy into my body so that i hopefully won't feel like crap all day then return to my regularly schedule shakes only diet...

my advice to anyone on starting a more hardcore diet is to do your homework better than i did BEFORE starting...make sure you have everything you need, in terms of supps/food etc...doing this without the correct protein mixtures, meal replacements etc is prob making this more difficult and prob not helping me keep as much lmb as would be optimal...but hopefully my supps will get here soon...i ordered then around 11pm on wed and i was notified thursday morning that fedex was shpping them, so pretty fast...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:46 PM

got a question for you all about dips...

dips are my favorite exercise i think (although i feel the best after doing deadlifts)...workout routine for tonite calls for 10 sets of 3 reps on dips...i can do about 15-18 bodyweight dips on a normal day, how do i do sets of 3 dips? at the moment i dont have a weight belt, is this worth buying? i think i read about using medicine balls or holding weights with my feet and other such things, i would rather try something like that than use the machine...any ideas?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Put a dumbell in between your thighs and squeeze up with your calves, should secure it solidly up to at least 50lbs.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put a dumbell in between your thighs and squeeze up with your calves, should secure it solidly up to at least 50lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks smiley...
Old 03-16-2007, 04:21 PM

thirddan,

Your suppose to feel horrible. Thats the point.