Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: One Bad 13 Year-Old

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] that. I knew what was what when I was 12, and by the sheer number of things he's done, he knows how to get along. Regardless of how much "nurture" went wrong in his childhood and who is to blame, I would be terrified when this kid turns 21 and is set free.

He needs jail, for at least 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, letting him out at 21 is stupid, but 23 will work?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:52 AM

nobody commits a hundred felonies because they need a hug. ten or fewer, perhaps, but not a hundred.

no matter when you let this kid out, he's just gonna get locked up again. whether that is a failure of him or the society in which he lives is open to debate.

some people just can't live with other people. there's a word for it: "sociopath."
Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody commits a hundred felonies because they need a hug. ten or fewer, perhaps, but not a hundred.

no matter when you let this kid out, he's just gonna get locked up again. whether that is a failure of him or the society in which he lives is open to debate.

some people just can't live with other people. there's a word for it: "sociopath."

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO JUST PLAIN CRAZY?????

Ken
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] that. I knew what was what when I was 12, and by the sheer number of things he's done, he knows how to get along. Regardless of how much "nurture" went wrong in his childhood and who is to blame, I would be terrified when this kid turns 21 and is set free.

He needs jail, for at least 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, letting him out at 21 is stupid, but 23 will work?

[/ QUOTE ]

23, from being in JAIL, and as a minimum.

And no, I don't think it will work, but I also don't think I can defend putting him away for life, though I'd feel better if they did.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 AM

13 is too young to give up on. He doesn't need a hug, he needs therapy, maybe for life, but not jail. I have two friends that work at a center that is the last stop the mentally unbalanced (i'm talking about 8 year olds that have been raped by thier father and pimped out to strangers for cash). Many of these kids are staying for life, but not all, and even if they were Jail isn't the place for them because it pretty much removes any possibility, however remote, that they might recover.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO JUST PLAIN CRAZY?????

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Made for a good joke, and an easy way out of complex problems, but most people aren't 'just' crazy. Most people aren't born sociopaths.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 AM

They need to make an example out of this kid. Here is how it should go. Take him into the courtroom to go before the judge. Have the gallery full of other "troubled teens". The list of charges are read. After being proven guilty. The judge then shoots the little bastard in the head. Then says to all the other little miscreants. "Do you want to end up like this little [censored]? If not then straighten the hell up or you are next. Problem solved.