Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Addendum to the River action!!

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of god you have a set, just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT and I spoke about a hand he had in a similar spot last night. I think I eventually said "I wouldn't dwell too much. You have a set and you're getting a good price. Call."
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Baby Dougie laydown? live 20

i call here all day and i don't sweat it when he shows me a bigger hand 90% of the time. you need a more specific read to lay this down.

dark bets are rarely the nuts.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"You were there, but given the description you are not good 0.5%."

I'm not seeing a description in the O.P. am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

"older guy". old guys have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

this varies depending on race

[/ QUOTE ]

White guy, plays a lot of hands, mostly for calls, rarely (if ever) folds a blind.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call here all day and i don't sweat it when he shows me a bigger hand 90% of the time. you need a more specific read to lay this down.

dark bets are rarely the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"You were there, but given the description you are not good 0.5%."

I'm not seeing a description in the O.P. am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

"older guy". old guys have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

this varies depending on race

[/ QUOTE ]

White guy, plays a lot of hands, mostly for calls, rarely (if ever) folds a blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the dude with short white hair kinda badly butchered job that looks a bit like Burgess Meredith? If so you need to realize he is actually on the overaggro side. Good note on his never folding blinds too. I was beating on his blinds a ton in the 40 last week and he was very, very stubborn.

If this is him though he actually plays pretty bad. I raised 2 limpers with AhQx OTB and he coldcalls with AxTh from the small blind. All call. Flop Kh7h3h. checked to me and I bet, he calls, some fish calls. Turn Ad, he donks, fish folds, I raise and he pays off my river VB on a blank.

BTW Joe, lets say that everyone clears out after mike's turn raise. What is your plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was there but i dont want to taint the results.

i will say that i had aces, and as soon as joe c/r'ed the flop i was thinking i might very well be looking at 66. should i play the turn differently given that?

[/ QUOTE ]

When Joe check/raises the flop he is telling you he has a big draw or a hand that beats AA. If Joe will check the turn if his draw doesnt come in, then you can just bow out gracefully and fold when Joe leads the turn. So if you want to know what you should do on the turn, just ask Joe how he would play a draw in that spot and the answer will be revealed. I will say this much, If a heart hit the turn and you didnt have the Ace of hearts, I would just fold the turn if Joe bet cuz its all over. If you had the ace of hearts, I would just call the turn and fold the river UI.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Clearly, his raise is for complete value, to bluff in this spot is retardish, but hey, pray and hope he shows JQ or A8s 20:1 give it a shot.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered that the older guy bet the river in the dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have raised dark as soon as he bet dark. Seriously.

Once this river comes down I would just call though.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM

pay off... and just hope that he has two pair instead of 9 10
Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 PM

that's not him. i dont think youve played with this guy before. i dont think i had either. maybe once or twice...

here's one i played against joe's opponent around 6 am once he'd gotten quite tilted. frankly i think he was tilted because he still had a ton of chips in front of him and it was getting really late and he still hadnt lost them all and he was getting tired of waiting so long. he played nearly every hand and he played pretty poorly although not the worst ive seen.

6 handed. i have KQo, he limps utg, i raise next in, the bb calls, he limp r/r, i say out loud "ive raised 60% of my hands for 6 hours and just now someone here figures out the right thing to do! congratulations!" and call. bb calls.

the flop is J52 w/ two diamonds. bb checks, guy bets, i say "now too bad youre going to lose this hand" and raise, bb folds, he calls.

the turn is a K. he c/c.

the river is a Q completing a flush. he says "i hate losing to two put pair but im gonna have to raise anyway" and checkraises. i call and he says "you have two pair dont you?" i show my hand he shows Q9o and says "damnit! nice hand."

anyway the guy wasnt in tiltsville yet, but i felt like joe had an easy call with a set here in case the guy had QJ. later on it became obvious that the guy loved to flat call with top pair on the flop and c/r the turn every time. it was just the way he played any good flopped hand.