Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Why the Lounge is Special.........

I've been hanging around 2+2 since about forever (late 90's). I loathe it now for the most part. It has simply gotten way too big and way too bloated. I still browse the poker forums occassionally but there really isn't much there that I haven't seen a million times in the last 8 years.

The lounge is about the only place I post anymore unless I have something specific to ask or talk about. Most of my old 2+2 haunts have turned into unreadable messes.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been hanging around 2+2 since about forever (late 90's). I loathe it now for the most part. It has simply gotten way too big and way too bloated. I still browse the poker forums occassionally but there really isn't much there that I haven't seen a million times in the last 8 years.

The lounge is about the only place I post anymore unless I have something specific to ask or talk about. Most of my old 2+2 haunts have turned into unreadable messes.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Ain't that the truth, and ain't that a shame! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 09:24 AM

That's an interesting point. The Lounge has definitely got a 'escape from all the other forums' feel to it, espec. to those who've been here a while maybe.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> . </font>
The Lounge is about the only place I post anymore unless I have something specific to ask or talk about. Most of my old 2+2 haunts have turned into unreadable messes.

[/ QUOTE ]Any suggestions you might have for improvement/a return to the good ol' days of 2+2?

Who knows, the Lounge might save the rest of the house.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what the answer is but I can say I agree with this statement.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions you might have for improvement/a return to the good ol' days of 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mickey, can you thoughtfully describe what the "good 'ol days" looked like to you?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM

I think many of basically want the same thing with regard to traffic: i.e., a little more traffic, but not too much more and not at the cost of diluting quality or turning this place into another version of OOT or ED's place.

And Katy, I also agree with you that much of OOT's prior charm has somehow been lost, for reasons not worth rehashing.

Perhaps what we need here isn't more people, but a few more ideas from those who already post. Here's one idea: let's ask questions of particular members occasionally. A while ago, Katy asked me a legal question, while inviting others to respond as well. Such personalized questions may prompt some interesting material. Kind of a reverse "ask me" type thread.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Good thought, Wynton. And that reminds me, I had a legal question for you. Mind if I bump that thread?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:39 PM

Bump away.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but... it gets lonely in here at night. No one posting but me (listening to my annoying owl outside, all by my lonesome) you know how lonely that is? IT'S ENOUGH TO DRIVE A GIRL INSANE!! And OOT has lost its endearing charm to me. It would be cool if we could step up the traffic in this forum a tiny little bit so someone could shoot the [censored] with me.

Don't make me have to join Myspace [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you join MySpace, I'll be your friend. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so will i

[/ QUOTE ]

Ay! And this will help how?

[/ QUOTE ]

it won't. but i'll at least have another 2+2 My Space friend! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]