Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: are there any sportsbetting pros?

[ QUOTE ]
The best sportsbetting website is Fezzik's Place. Fezzik's place

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOcoaster
Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best sportsbetting website is Fezzik's Place. Fezzik's place

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOcoaster

[/ QUOTE ]

What's better?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 PM

FP is turning into theRX and EOG etc...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 PM

This site is probably the worst it's been since I started posting. I've only been here since the beginning of this NFL season so maybe the board is cyclical? I'm not finding any good NCAAB or NBA discussion but look forward to the MLB season. FP is okay.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:17 AM

I think we'd done a lot to improve the quality of this forum right up to the point that Pinny pulled out of the US.

Since then, this forum has been a bit in disarray - i'd say 90% of the sports betting volume in the forum, if not more, has dried up. Less money in play, less interest in discussions.

But the board is definitely very cyclical as well. NFL season is by far the highest volume. There's a flurry of activity now around the NCAAs, and then the board will shift to baseball mode. Baseball there are a few very high quality posters, so there is less discussion overall but there are a couple top-tier posters who only come out for baseball. Then things will go back to the back burner until football starts up again.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, 2p2 will take this name back as you are not allowed to imitate real poker pros. Consider changing now.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can i change it?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, 2p2 will take this name back as you are not allowed to imitate real poker pros. Consider changing now.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can i change it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will be fine, since your intent was not to pretend to be Matusow. If you are really concerned, make a post in the "About the Forums" forum or PM a moderator (green/red/black names).
Old 04-05-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he does huge sports betting, and put his entire life savings ($80K) on the lakers

[/ QUOTE ]

Haralbalobolaolos might have been making (or continue to make) his income from sports-betting.
But this doesn't strike me as a very 'professional' move.

I suspect he's not the only person to have made such a risky move like this.
Sometimes it works out okay and other times it doesn't.
The times that it actually comes through doesn't make it any less irresponsible though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, a friend of mine told me about this post and I thought some of you would be interested in a response, bear in mind the story is a little less interesting, as nowadays people are winning and losing 500-600k in one day on Fulltilt!

At the time that I made the bet, i was still very young and was in the process of finishing up my degree while also working. I had a job that allowed me to earn around 35-40k a summer and coupled with that as well as a good 3-4 years NBA and CFL betting had saved up around 100k - i was living in my brothers basement and looking at 3 years of grad school. I actually enjoyed living with my brother so moving out wasn't really something that I was interested in.

I made the bet because I figured that it would fast forward my life, having 100k wasn't a lot of money, even back then. I would have easily recouped that money by working my summer job and grinding out some NBA money by the time I finished grad school. I felt the price of 6.5-1 and 7-1 presented an overlay.

The bet won, I opted to not go to grad school and have been betting fulltime since then. I don't look at the bet as being irresponsible at all. Not hedging when they were up 3 games to 1 in the Conference finals, that was probably irresponsible.

I think my life would have gone on about the same if I had lost the bet. I would have continued working and would have recouped my stake and bankroll in about 15 months I would have continued to live in my brothers basement, and I would have gone on to get my masters.

The bet won, and I was able to drastically increase my units and have continued to increase them to this day. There aren't many people who are able to work the NBA market as efficiently and on the scale that I am able to, and I owe it all to Portlands 4th quarter choke job and my willingness to take a chance.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if anyone has any, I wish you all the best of luck.

Haralabos Voulgaris
Old 04-05-2007, 05:31 AM

Lots of respect for you Haralabos.

So how much is your unit now and where do you place bets?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM

haralabos,

respekt.

with the recent changes to the offshore gambling environment, does a person such as yourself who does their own handicapping/picking, find the slower market easier or harder to work with?