Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: $114s Bubble with large blinds, is this a call?

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Mason and the rest of the 2+2 powers in control allow this stuff to be written if it doesn't apply???

[/ QUOTE ]

read the special sklansky forum sng questions. he sucks at sngs, and so does everyone else
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 AM

How does Wiz suggest a fold with AKo and a call with 88? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] A lot of the suggestions in this thread seem to be coming out of left field.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does Wiz suggest a fold with AKo and a call with 88? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] A lot of the suggestions in this thread seem to be coming out of left field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it is correct in this situation but if button is pushing very wide, 88 plays better against this range than ako. As it has some rags like say 54s complete dominated. Im sure i have seen some graphs where ak stops gaining value against 40+% ranges.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:38 AM

I don't doubt what SNGWiz suggests in terms of equity difference between fold and call. I am wondering, though, whether the equity we would have after folding has the same value with whatever equity we had before, because with each hand our risk of blinding out is increasing very fast. Each hand before any action now has 1/3 of the average stack in the pot.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Mason and the rest of the 2+2 powers in control allow this stuff to be written if it doesn't apply???

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I just reread some of the sng's that Harrington discusses in Volume III (it's been a little while since I've read it). The specific scenarios he describes and the solutions that he advocates are actually pretty accurate. However, there are certain aspects of STT play that are critical to success that you can get a much better feel for by working with SNGPT and by reading and posting hands on this forum (i.e. putting villains on pushing/calling ranges, recognizing +EV situations, etc.). For example, look at the first sng hand that Harrington describes. It looks something like the following:

4 Handed, Blinds 100/200, with standard 50%, 30%, 20% payouts. Stacks are:

CO (5000)
Button (1500)
SB (2000)
Hero/BB (5000)

Preflop: CO shoves for 5000, two folds, Hero...?

He puts the CO on a range like 22+, A2+, KJ+, QJs. And he says that our calling range is KK+. This is fairly accurate. Although if you play with SNGPT a bit or hang around the forum enough, you'll realize that in the above situation the CO should be shoving a much wider range than what Harrington describes (some villains will push ATC). This would open up our calling range to TT+. Being able to make optimal decisions in spots like these are crucial (especially at higher buy-ins) to success at STT's.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 AM

i believe he uses sngpt which is why that may be dead on. he mentions it in his 3rd book. but these senarios arent the bad ones from HOHIII

edit: also is 22+, A2+, KJ+, QJs the exact range? seems a bit odds. pushing A2o but folding JTs...
Old 03-13-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you believe SnGWiz is saying this is a fold against any two cards? Against ATC from the button, it's call only with top 3.5%, i.e. 88+ and AKs only.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny because SNGPT says this is a call if he is shoving 50%. I have the minimum edge set at default.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:43 AM

am i the only one who got the exact same result with both programs?

set the over calls for BB to no hands since thats what sngpt assumes and then you have to copy the ranges from sngwiz to sngpt because for some reason sngwiz has different % ranges.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you believe SnGWiz is saying this is a fold against any two cards? Against ATC from the button, it's call only with top 3.5%, i.e. 88+ and AKs only.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is even more amazing is that you would buy a $100 program and not know how to use it beause it certainly doesnt say this.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:00 AM

Some quick fooling around with sngpt shows that Button probably should be pushing more than 80%. This makes a call +1,1%.