Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: A Desperate Plea to you MTT Pros

It absolutely is. Just tryin to show my appreciation for how much these forums have helped my game, considering I could'nt sustain a bankroll prior to registering here. I realize those results arent even worth the energy to laugh at to most of you who haven taken the time to read this. Bottom line is that these forums have improved my game by so much it's scarey. Thanks All.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear God you Guys PWN

PokerStars Tournament #45139961, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $4.00/$0.40
180 players
Total Prize Pool: $720.00
Tournament started - 2007/03/12 - 22:43:40 (ET)

You finished the tournament in 2nd place.
A $144.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, obv finishing 2nd in a 180 man mtt is the result of posting on 2p2 ... ship it holla

[/ QUOTE ]
It could be...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is, as I also finished second in one on Sunday evening.....I will post more now
Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 PM

I am by no means an "MTT Pro," but I have recently felt like I have turned a corner because I am regularly going deep in MTTs. I know it has been said before, but I attribute a lot of my improvement to the Harrington books. But, you have to really work at understanding the concepts -- I probably have read the books ten times. Recently, I was playing in a deep stack tournament in Vegas and a very famous poker professional commented that he respected the way I played, but found it "annoying." (he was joking...sort of). What he found annoying was my use of the "M" strategy as a small stack which kept me alive and allowed me to make the money in a field of 400. Basically, I realized I was in "trouble" much earlier than many of my competitors which allowed me to save myself. My point? Stick with it and digest those books....
Old 03-13-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am by no means an "MTT Pro," but I have recently felt like I have turned a corner because I am regularly going deep in MTTs. I know it has been said before, but I attribute a lot of my improvement to the Harrington books. But, you have to really work at understanding the concepts -- I probably have read the books ten times. Recently, I was playing in a deep stack tournament in Vegas and a very famous poker professional commented that he respected the way I played, but found it "annoying." (he was joking...sort of). What he found annoying was my use of the "M" strategy as a small stack which kept me alive and allowed me to make the money in a field of 400. Basically, I realized I was in "trouble" much earlier than many of my competitors which allowed me to save myself. My point? Stick with it and digest those books....

[/ QUOTE ]

it's just variance, you'll be back to ineptitude soon.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Just keep in mind, that even the great players go through big streaks of not doing well. I am at best an average poker player, yet for a month or two there I was dominating the 4/180s, finishing 1st 5 times and itm about 20% of the time in about 50 played. I felt like I could move up. But, I cashed out, doubled my bankroll and then proceeded to lose most of what I had won in the next two months when I proceeded to not cash in 35 straight 180s. I finally cashed in one and then took a bad beat to get knocked out in 17th place. During this time, I often felt that no matter how many times I went in with the best hand, I was destined to lose, and it always felt that way. Now, in the past few weeks I feel confident, in that I'm building up the bankroll again, and even with taking some bad beats at terrible times (twice with 5 people left at a FT I have lost to runner runner straight) I feel confident that I did what I had to do to win and that I couldn't have played any better.

As long as you keep confident in yourself, play the lower buy ins. If your skill is there you can build yourself up to that point. Just stay positive and know that somedays it seems that you can't win a coinflip, while other days it seems that you can't lose one.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Why the nastiness?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-14-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM

some1 call 911...he got burned
Old 03-14-2007, 06:30 PM

PLEASE tell me how you get the Extended Summary Statistics
Old 03-15-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE tell me how you get the Extended Summary Statistics

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the pay version of pokerdb, email the admin there for details.