Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: beat: My rant.

[ QUOTE ]
Report from the Sunday Million?

[/ QUOTE ]

missed registration. gg life?

im 18 for whoever asked.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:00 PM

Colombo,

I'm not picking apart your post to be a dick, but I just trying to give some advice. From what I can see you have the completely wrong mindset here and getting back to winning again will be very difficult unless you change that.

How long did you crush 2/4 for? In fact, how long did you crush for? From what I've seen from your graphs it looks like you went on a super heater and have been losing since then. It IS possible that you aren't a winning player and thinking otherwise is not gonna help you. I'm not saying you are not, but to get out of this you will have to consider that and step back and honestly reevaluate your game. I'm not sure where you get this top 5 at 2/4 idea from, but I'm sorry, you were certainly not close.

Poker is a funny game, sometimes we make the right play and get [censored] for it, other times we make the wrong plays and get rewarded for them. This is one reason why it is so difficult to get good. You need to view results independent from actions, etc. Also, poker is ever evolving and our opponents and styles change and adjust. Sometimes what was good then, is now bad. Sometimes there are extended periods of time where we make the wrong plays and come out ahead.

Anyways, my advice to you would be to take a break. A fairly long one. Maybe a month or something. Find another hobby or something else to do. At this point you are likely in a bad state of mind and it's just compounding things. Then, drop down to 100nl (if rolled) and play a lot less and study a lot more, talk with others, post on 2+2, and honestly reevaluate your game instead of coming into this with a "I'm a winning player" attitude. Then, as you are moving up, take out half your profits. This will slow down how fast you move up and also give you something to show for everything you have done and you won't be playing with your net worth.

Also, wtf at your parents letting you to stay home and play poker.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 AM

Columbo don't listen to skier. I've seen you play. Now all you need to do is get a loan and start playing again. A loan any way possible. All of the pros get loans when they run bad. Then it's insta-ROBUSTO!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:50 AM

How long were you crushing mid stakes games?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OR as this is BBV.
1. Put whatever you have left into one buyin of 100/200 NL.
2. ??????????
3. Profit!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 AM

move up to where they respect your raises etc....

seriously though, you sound like you're talented and have a love for the game. Take a break, maybe a month, move down a limit and grind. Make money, enjoy life. You could be flipping burgers like 70% of your 18 yrst old freinds.
GL.