Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: $8r, 77 i SB

[ QUOTE ]
CALLLs

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, Shaun, Irony is funny...

Shermin is onto the right thinking process on this one... villian calls preety much always considering the odds he has after your call, and then you get to play 3 handed between two players with just a pair of 99's...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:16 PM

umm if you don't see the diff of the 2 hands and the PFR raanges than lol you suck.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:17 PM

Wow, Shaun I am amazed that you don't think calling is more marginal in hand 2 then in hand 1... thats terrible...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Shaun I am amazed that you don't think calling is more marginal in hand 2 then in hand 1... thats terrible...

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a troll, or just bad at poker?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, ok, its a little early to get into an argument, but go ahead and elaborate, this is going to be fun...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, ok, its a little early to get into an argument, but go ahead and elaborate, this is going to be fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

Might I qualify that DiscipleAA is suggesting that you elaborate on "why he sucks at poker" rather than "are you a troll".

Edit: not that he sucks at poker. Just to head that argument off at the pass.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow....
Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when doing a go and go set up stack sizes so you have a PSB for flop so therefore you should be making it like 2800-3k PF.

Ohh and for stop and going with a pair and how that sucks do you even know what a stop and go is? Anyway he would be not stop and going in the generic shoving sence like it's usually refered to as byut leading for a decent amount and seeing how the person reacts. If you never SnG with a pp than you are a player who is ignoring the best option often because of your tunnel vision and awful thought process. I'm sorry you are a break even player with marginal skills and you are def making an effort to be a winning player but saying such an awful comment as snging with a pp is bad is one of the dummber comments I've read on this board this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaundeeb

I appreciate you discussing my advice, that is always a good thing to do.

What is up with getting personal though? You know nothing about my results as a tournament player. I respect you as a poster, but if you aren't gonna treat others with respect, please get the [censored] out of this board. I could probably mention plenty of personal stuff about you, but I'm not going to do that. Because I like your posts, and I believe you are a big resource to the MTT forum.

Of course there are no thumb rules in poker. But what I was saying is that more often than not, doing a sng with a pocket pair is not optimal. If you have a hand where you feel it was (there are probably some situations where it indeed is), then please post it and let's discuss it.

Best regards from Fiksdal.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM

I was only harsh cuz twisted is a bad influence on all and trying to make people hate me since I gave him the green apple shots at PCA your comments showed a serious leak in your game about ignoring all the options available with your whole range. And there was a really good article on SnGs where it showed you should be doing it mostly with pps.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are OOP in the first hand, and im position the second. It is much easier to play poker in position, hence the second hand being a pretty standard call, and the first one being marginal.

Fiksdal,

The stop and go was mainly created for when you have a small pair and no FE. Its typically standard that the stop and go is done WITH a pair, although it can be done with other hands