Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Top 12 Analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Or Quoted For Truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, is that realy what it means?

The first time I saw it, "quite f**king true" just instantly popped into my head and made perfect sense that time and everytime since.

Am I the only one who thinks this is the real meaning?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or Quoted For Truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, is that realy what it means?

The first time I saw it, "quite f**king true" just instantly popped into my head and made perfect sense that time and everytime since.

Am I the only one who thinks this is the real meaning?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means quoted for truth but I've also always used your definition of it, which I like much better.

In any case, this was a good (and not racist) post by thing with some nice breakdown. Honestly I think Haley is gone this week but it could be Brandon or Phil. Sanjaya is this year's gimmick act, which in the past has gotten down to the top 7 or so each time. Besides that you are spot on about a lot of things. I might expand on a post about what I think before the next show.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:02 PM

Excuse me if this is racist, but I don't expect the four black girls to all outlast both whiteys. Stephanie will be gone at least a month before Gina. And if Simon rips Haley a new [censored] again and makes her cry, there is no telling how far she will go.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:48 PM

I just started following closely...WHY is Melinda favored over Lakisha? -- I thought Lakisha was better.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 PM

They are both very good. I think most people agree that Melinda's performances have been slightly better (at least) so far. Also, whether or not this becomes a factor, I think Melinda's image is slightly more appealing.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:40 PM

Not a bad order of elimination. I can easily see Sligh as the final guy. I would move Stephanie down and Gina up, though. Glocksen may surprise you. I also don't think you're giving Blake enough credit. It really does seem he's being pimped more than any other guy, and he's getting a lot of good press on the internets.

I can easily see the top 3 being Sligh, Blake and Melinda.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he final 2 will be lakeshia and Melinda.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems pretty unlikely because they are too much alike. When crunch time comes they will discover they have the same fan base and one will be out. The survivor then inherits all the loser's fans and becomes the favorite to win it all.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Stacey

This guy has been very inconsistent and has the tendency to appear weird (in a bad way). The only way I can see that he will rise to a "threat" level is if he pulls off a string of great performances during the "weeding out" period (of Sanjaya and Haley). He potentially has 2 weeks to develop a fan base. His style is completely different that Blake/Chris R.'s, so if he miraculously pulls off a couple of good sons where he seems to build up a bit of a fan base, look for him to threaten Sligh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think Phil has two weeks to develop a fan base. I think he has 2 days to come up with something good or it's over.

The girls are much stronger than the guys. Melidna, LaKisha, and the rest are going to pull a lot of votes away from the men, many more than the guys manage to pull back. The bottom girls are still here because they managed to pry a few votes away from the divas. They have already experienced diva pressure and are not likely to fall as far as the bottom guys when the two sides combine.

Add in Diana Ross and I don't see a girl leaving this week unless someone screws up badly.

Phil needs to find a guy he can beat and I doubt it's Sanjaya. Sanjaya's fan base seems more loyal and less likely to vote for a girl this week.

[ QUOTE ]
Sabrina's early elimination should serve as a warning sign for Stephanie. Unless she can kick it up a notch in the next 2 weeks, she is probably gone. As I've mentioned, her fan base is largely taken by the top 2 divas so her only hope is to find a way to offer something different.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stephanie is in a bind and there is probably nothing she can do about it. She could step her game up a lot and not be rewarded with many votes because Melinda and LaKisha have her potential audience locked up. Stephanie is in real danger of being the next girl out.

[ QUOTE ]
Haley Scarnato

Dead money, as I've alluded to. She has the "attractive white girl" working for her now that Antonella is gone, but lacks any solid singing talent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gina turned her entire situation around with one good performance and Haley could too. Unlike Stephanie, Haley is alone in her niche and there are lots of people who would vote for her if she improved a little.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think Phil has two weeks to develop a fan base. I think he has 2 days to come up with something good or it's over.

The girls are much stronger than the guys. Melidna, LaKisha, and the rest are going to pull a lot of votes away from the men, many more than the guys manage to pull back. The bottom girls are still here because they managed to pry a few votes away from the divas. They have already experienced diva pressure and are not likely to fall as far as the bottom guys when the two sides combine.

Add in Diana Ross and I don't see a girl leaving this week unless someone screws up badly.

Phil needs to find a guy he can beat and I doubt it's Sanjaya. Sanjaya's fan base seems more loyal and less likely to vote for a girl this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. My views on this have changed somewhat after reading the post about the actual vote ranking. However, despite the sympathy voting for Haley, she still garnered less votes than Phil (if that list is correct). Brandon was also very close to Phil, and all he needs is one of his "typical" performances, and he could be gone.

[ QUOTE ]

Stephanie is in a bind and there is probably nothing she can do about it. She could step her game up a lot and not be rewarded with many votes because Melinda and LaKisha have her potential audience locked up. Stephanie is in real danger of being the next girl out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of that, but I don't think she's the next girl out. Despite the sharing of fan bases with the top divas, she (and Gina) have both shown to be more popular than Haley. I just can't see Haley singing well enough all of sudden to overcome others' popularity.

[ QUOTE ]

Gina turned her entire situation around with one good performance and Haley could too. Unlike Stephanie, Haley is alone in her niche and there are lots of people who would vote for her if she improved a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but I just don't see it happening. I also see Gina totally messing up a song that doesn't fit the style she established this past week, but I don't think it'll kill her just yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Updated list to take into account after-the-fact voting info. and other random information:

12. Haley Scarnato
11. Phil Stacey
10. Sanjaya Malakar
9. Stephanie Edwards
8. Brandon Rogers
7. Gina Glocksen
6. Jordin Sparks
5. Chris Richardson
4. Blake Lewis
3. Lakisha Jones
2. Chris Sligh
1. Melinda Doolittle

I'm seriously HOPING Sanjaya goes out by #10. After reading someone's comment about the producers trying to push Blake as a "winner," I think that's enough to give him an edge over Chris R. I hope it doesn't push him past Sligh though, because Sligh is clearly a better singer.