Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: 25/50 live, 350bbs deep, I have a set, now facing huge river CR

[ QUOTE ]
"I might as well go home"

[/ QUOTE ]

this REALLY REALLY makes me want to fold. really badly. but.. i dno if i could.. id probably bank it for like 2 minutes and keep asking him why he said that, and say donkeys always say that with the nuts, blah blah see if he gives anything off, then call pretty much either way. basically what im saying is i cant fold in this spot, but im not exactly confident about my hand. i do feel like he has a hand like 88 sometimes, because of his 'reluctant' call on the flop.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from my more limited experience playing with him i think he pushes the river if he rivers his gutshot and very likely plays a turned straight differently. you've played with him a lot, have you ever seen him CR bluff the river?

IMO he has a missed flush or J6 enough to make this a call. he probably thinks (correctly imo) you're not folding a decent hand to a river lead, so if he was going to bluff this is the way he would have to do it, but i haven't seen him do this type of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be quite honest, during the entire night, I had only seen him bluff when he had the betting lead in the hand (meaning he fired 3 barrels). I didn't see him show down hands where he raised the turn or river that were bluffs.

Therefore, I was QUITE sure he was not bluffing in this spot. Also, when a fish says: "time to go home," this is nearly always a sign that he is nutted. Like, nearly ALWAYS for anyone who has played live poker. With missed clubs, he would say: "god damnnit, I have so many outs, it never comes," and fold.

Thus, I had to decide what hands he could value push with, and the problem is, and that he could ALSO get to the river with. Like, 666 is obviously not a possibility (he would fold turn to my 2nd barrel). But could he be value pushing J6? Definitely.

This one has my head spinning.

dlpnyc21
Old 03-07-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I might as well go home"

[/ QUOTE ]

this REALLY REALLY makes me want to fold. really badly. but.. i dno if i could..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 PM

"Time to go home" is a huge strength tell but this guy could think two pair is really strong here.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Ditto, that "I might as well go home" makes me want to fold, but I could probably convince myself that THIS time it is a reverse tell to get me to fold.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 PM

results, plz
(p.s. i call this)
Old 03-07-2007, 06:21 PM

off topic, i really like reading these posts. keep them coming. it's nice to see discussion about something other than your standard 100-200bb ABC hand
Old 03-07-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do feel like he has a hand like 88 sometimes, because of his 'reluctant' call on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way this post is set up, it's soooo smacking of 75. and I don't even mean 7c5c, I mean 75o.

but, I can't decide whether it's me being "results: he posted a thread about it" oriented, or whether I'd think that way when given 5 minutes to think about it live. because this is ALWAYS the nuts from somebody like this, but what does he consider to be the nuts? is Jc6c (assuming the jack isn't out) the nuts? how about J9?

what I want to do now is flash back to the turn and figure out how much more he likes his hand after the 9 hit.

one thing I am 100% certain of, though, is that it's definitely not a clearcut call. donkeys do not bluff checkraise rivers after giving off that tell. ever.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM

To be honest, villain played this like a donk that flopped a set. They always seem to give off reverse tells and put as little amount of money possible in voluntarily until the river. Also, if you want to talk about tells, it is not very often that I see somebody "reluctantly" call a flop with a gutshot. If they are stuck, they pretty much insta-call here trying to hit gin. This tell means more than the second due to what everybody else is saying; he has a wide amount of holdings that you beat that he is overvaluing.

Oh, and since he called the second raise without any noted reluctance, you only lose to QT and JJ. Your range kills his regardless of odds.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i do feel like he has a hand like 88 sometimes, because of his 'reluctant' call on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way this post is set up, it's soooo smacking of 75. and I don't even mean 7c5c, I mean 75o.

but, I can't decide whether it's me being "results: he posted a thread about it" oriented, or whether I'd think that way when given 5 minutes to think about it live. because this is ALWAYS the nuts from somebody like this, but what does he consider to be the nuts? is Jc6c (assuming the jack isn't out) the nuts? how about J9?

what I want to do now is flash back to the turn and figure out how much more he likes his hand after the 9 hit.

one thing I am 100% certain of, though, is that it's definitely not a clearcut call. donkeys do not bluff checkraise rivers after giving off that tell. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he reluctantly call the flop with J6cc? I'd hate his comment as well. How did he go about calling the turn? Reluctanly as well? Or rather quickly?