Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Beat : Stepmom or her relatives scammed me good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't check your credit report tooooo many times in the near future, though. With all of these different institutions repeatedly accessing your credit information so close together your rating will go down.

[/ QUOTE ]

accessing your own credit report doesn't affect your credit score.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's called a soft pull. Has zero effect on you credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:46 AM

If this happened last year like you said, then there is no way your credit rating isn't getting dragged through the mud already. Like someone already said, the only way to repair that is to file a fraud report.

I know Dad said not to file a report, but your credit will be [censored] for a long time if you don't. This will likely cost you well over the $1200 you owe in your future from getting bad credit lines and morgages, and it could make it hard to make big purchases like a car or house.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually not a pwning. Unless you go DIRECTLY to the three bureaus, you are going to end up with a hard pull. These people seem to be saying that just because you're the end recipient of the report, it won't count against you. That's garbage. If you go to one of the thousands of online services to get a credit report, their inquiries will NOT be soft pulls.

I believe annualcreditreport.com is sponsored by the three major bureaus and actually IS a soft pull, but you won't get a score. Any of the other sites that help you "monitor" your credit will be putting hard pulls on your credit.

SpaceAce
Old 03-07-2007, 06:37 AM

You HAVE to report this to the police/file a fraud claim.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually not a pwning. Unless you go DIRECTLY to the three bureaus, you are going to end up with a hard pull. These people seem to be saying that just because you're the end recipient of the report, it won't count against you. That's garbage. If you go to one of the thousands of online services to get a credit report, their inquiries will NOT be soft pulls.

I believe annualcreditreport.com is sponsored by the three major bureaus and actually IS a soft pull, but you won't get a score. Any of the other sites that help you "monitor" your credit will be putting hard pulls on your credit.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a soft pull on every site/service I've used, including once used to "monitor" my credit. Otherwise I'd see 20-30 different inquiries on my report.

The solution is simple - just file the claim with the credit card company. Most cards won't hold you liable for fraud.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Here comes another pwning...
Myfico

A legitimate credit service that will give you your FICO score not a FAKO score like the bureaus do, and is a soft pull. Also, for those that don't know majority of lenders go with Fico not fako scores.

Here is a good article about the difference between the two. creditboardarticle

Also, for anyone that wants to know more information here is a good forum to scour.
Creditboard
Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Myfico

A legitimate credit service that will give you your FICO score not a FAKO score like the bureaus do, and is a soft pull. Also, for those that don't know majority of lenders go with Fico not fako scores.

Also, for anyone that wants to know more information here is a good forum to scour.
Creditboard

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you summarize? I am on my way to bed and too tired to wade through sites. I am quite certain I will be able to counter-pwn you when I awake. I've got a great deal of experience with online credit services in addition to applying for actual credit and I can tell you those services are not pulling soft. If the credit bureau sees a bunch of inquiries into one kind of thing (a car, a house) they may not count them against you. That doesn't mean the credit pulls were not "hard".

SpaceAce
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Myfico

Creditboard

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you summarize? I am on my way to bed and too tired to wade through sites. I am quite certain I will be able to counter-pwn you when I awake. I've got a great deal of experience with online credit services in addition to applying for actual credit and I can tell you those services are not pulling soft. If the credit bureau sees a bunch of inquiries into one kind of thing (a car, a house) they may not count them against you. That doesn't mean the credit pulls were not "hard".

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell did I say that applying for credit was not a hard pull? While true that there are shady companies out there to help people "fix their credit", there are legitimate credit monitoring companies.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 PM

Dude,

If you really think it was someone else, you need to file a report IMMEDIATELY. If you wait, you'll just end up looking like you are the guilty one. It sucks that this is family, but your credit will be trashed if you don't clear this up.

You really don't want to come out of school with crappy credit when you want to start buying new cars/houses/ballaware.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Myfico

Creditboard

[/ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell did I say that applying for credit was not a hard pull? While true that there are shady companies out there to help people "fix their credit", there are legitimate credit monitoring companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

terran is right. i'm pretty sure i have more experience than anyone here w/credit bureaus, ficos, etc. i work for a credit card company.