Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Ancient Technology

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone recommend any type of book that deals with theories about the universe or anything like that?

EDIT: i just found stephen hawking's "A Brief History of Time"...anyone read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

'Timeless reality' by Stenger is a pretty good intro to 'everything'....summary and a couple free chapters here
Old 03-06-2007, 03:47 AM

There would still be evidence on the moon, mars, or in orbit even if there was a catastrophe on earth. Also, it's hard to imagine a civilization with that level of technology not seeing it coming.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:11 PM

An interesting article on how fast evidence of past civilizations can disappear.

http://environment.newscientist.com/...mg19225731.100
Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 PM

I recently watched a documentary where they showed ancient versions of cars, cement mixers, waste disposal units and all sorts of things. Apparently they actually used to use animals to serve most of these purposes. Their cars were mostly foot powered wooden affairs with large stone wheels.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently watched a documentary where they showed ancient versions of cars, cement mixers, waste disposal units and all sorts of things. Apparently they actually used to use animals to serve most of these purposes. Their cars were mostly foot powered wooden affairs with large stone wheels.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM

it's pretty apparent to me that a lot of ancient hieroglyphics are "that's what she said" jokes
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yabba-dabba-doo!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 AM

A book that covers the universe, philosophy, and many other subjects is Neo Tech Zon Power by Frank Wallace.

Some people call this book an anti god, burn in hell piece of crap, others claim it changed them positively forever.
(for me it was the latter)[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 AM

friends can't you see? 2faded is not asking for books about ancient technology, he's asking to have his mind blown and his worldview radically shaken to the core.

Recipe

1) some proper lubrication is key. I recommend reading the Illuminatus Trilogy is one sitting, followed by a few days of heavy entheogen use. Gravity's Rainbow works as well. So does Ulysses, but if you're going straight for the Joyce, I'd recommend taking the hallucinogens first.

2) now that you are slightly unhinged, I recommend a week of googling. i'm sure you can come up with some suitable topics. Freemasons. Atlantis. Mayan 2012. Gold Standard. Richard Nixon. Otherkin. Golden Dawn. Rosicrucians. just keep going. Caffeine helps here. Keep a notebook next to you and write down any connections you find. (Advanced level: map those connections onto the major arcana of the tarot deck, the kabbala, and the jan 27 issue of the wall street journal)

3) sleep for a bit. you'll need it.

4) it's now time for grant morrison. first the invisibles. then the entire archive of barbelith.com

5) more psychedelics and some sleep. we enter experimentation phase next. "we place no reliance on virgin or pigeon, our method is science our aim is religion." blah blah. magic, you see. i recommend the old school. though at least a few months of aleister crowley, though you may find phil hine or peter carroll more to your liking. dredge up mysterious beings in the privacy of your own home and ask -them- about ancient civilization.

6) once you've completed the initial phases of mind expansion, please be in touch (you'll know how) and I'll pass along a few books that might answer some of your "questions"
Old 03-08-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, no one thinks this is plausible? On a planet thats 4 billion years old we are the first civilization to invent this technology? Esp when there are so many things unexplained and undiscovered. Some disaster wipes out everything on earth and buries it under land and ocean, and civilization starts over.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were previous human civilizations as advanced or more advanced than us I would not expect there to be vast amounts of easily recoverable oil 100 years ago.