Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: essay topic: if the U.S. government collapsed in 2018

Old 03-06-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NT is right that's way to optimistic. 2011 would be more like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Mayans the world will be destroyed on Dec 21, 2012.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it--or December 22nd, depending where you are. In any case, 2018 isn't going to be around to worry about.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Nuclear Terrorism

Nuclear Terrorism
Suicide bombers steer 20 nuclear laden merchant ships into the 20 biggest US port s and set off their nukes in the harbor before their cargo is inspected. San Franciso, San Diego, Seatle, Portland, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Houston, etc.... All wiped out...

Millions dead and dying, immediate economic depression, radioactive poison blowing over the US mainland... US Marine economy is wiped out. Democrats hold the presidency, beg al Qaeda for peace, and they agree to surrender the USA to al Qaeda. In addition, all Americans will be required to convert to Islam and obey Sharia law...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Nuclear Terrorism

Felix, do you honestly that the Democratic response to a massive terrorist nuclear attack would be to wave the white flag and order a conversion to Sharia law?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 PM

Default peak oil production

deficit alone from poor spending habbits won't do it

we're actually pretty good at war

nuclear terrorism would be bad, but wouldn't cause the government to be overthrown

peak oil in an economy not prepared to deal with it could probably result in sufficient chaos, though -- not to say it will happen this way, of course, but I think it's more probable than the rest
Old 03-06-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felix, do you honestly that the Democratic response to a massive terrorist nuclear attack would be to wave the white flag and order a conversion to Sharia law?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's silly, but I do think a series of nuclear terrorist attacks could cause the downfall of the federal government. If the feds seem unable to do anything, you could conceivably see individual states or regions striking out on their own.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been known to exagerate to make a point. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I think democrats are weak on terrorism and appeasers. let me give some examples:

1. Jimmy Carter
I was in high school when Jimmy Carter was president. The Iranian 'students' stormed the US embassy and took the embassy staff as hostages. For over 400 days Carter sat on his ass. He finally sent soldiers for a commando raid to rescue the hostages which had to be aborted. The USSR invaded Afghanistan. Carter does nothing.

2. Clinton
He tries to bribe North Korea not to produce nuclear weapons. North Korea takes the tribute and violates the deal. Hussein attempts to assassinate Bush41 during his visit to Kuwait. Clinton fires a couple of cruise missles in Iraq. In Somalia, Clinton DENIES the army's request for tanks. Then we have the ambush where dead army rangers are being dragged in the street. RPG armed thugs are able to hold off US army soldiers for hours since they lack tanks to break through and rescue trapped American soldiers.

3. Harry Truman
Harry Truman is suppose to be the democrats tough guy. I don't think so. I think Truman was a wimp. McArthur thought he was a wimp as well and Truman fired him. First the Chi-Coms launch a suprise attack on American forces without a declaration of war. The USSR sends Soviet PILOTS with Soviet Planes (with Chinese markings) to devastate US bombers. We discover the Soviet involement when first the Soviet pilots spoke Chinese with a Russian accent and second, when the dogfights became intense they all reverted to Russian to communicate. Truman forbid US planes to bomb aircraft past the Korean border. So Chinese/Soviet planes could kill US troops but we could not kill them when they fled north of the border... And I can provide other examples. Truman fought for a stalemate while McArthur wanted to fight for victory.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nuclear Terrorism
Suicide bombers steer 20 nuclear laden merchant ships into the 20 biggest US port s and set off their nukes in the harbor before their cargo is inspected. San Franciso, San Diego, Seatle, Portland, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Houston, etc.... All wiped out...

Millions dead and dying, immediate economic depression, radioactive poison blowing over the US mainland... US Marine economy is wiped out. Democrats hold the presidency, beg al Qaeda for peace, and they agree to surrender the USA to al Qaeda. In addition, all Americans will be required to convert to Islam and obey Sharia law...

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Most of the city's (not all) that you have mentioned are already an economic depression.

2) With the pollution of those cities millions are already dying (actually everyone on earth is dying at this moment)

3) With all the RF energy flowing throughout America in the form of radio waves, Satilitte TV, XM, Sirius, No one would care about a radioactive wasteland.

4) There is a better chance of McDonalds establishing a restraunt at the AL-Quida Headquarters and in the Talibans training centers. And all the major terrorist leaders die of heart disease before they are going to get a bunch of nukes to our mainland. 1 maybe 2 maybe 20 ROFL.

The United States Government would survive any attack. The system is set up in such a way that there would be a viable leader even if D.C. was nuked.

5) After Mc Donalds established restaraunts at the Al-Qaida Headquarters and the Taliban Training centers. PETA would force any democratic president to immediatly invade such counties to destroy any such Mcdonalds.

6) I know for a fact (almost) any american citizen you ask would say "If we get nuked...EVERYONE'S GOING DOWN" I agree I would personally vol. for the job of pushing the button to end the world.

8) Economic Giant Wal-Mart purportedly has bought the rights to thousands of nuclear missile silos. And are planning to use those nukes in Asia to create what would be called..... The Super DUPER SUPER WAL-MART... which would encompass hundreds of millions of square feet. The nukes would be used to make way for construction of the WAL-Mart and the subsuquent Parking garage needed for this Monstrosity. They are also planning on a gas station, starbucks and a small scratch off lottery machinee.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the mayan calendar simply recycles every 400 years or so. the winter solstice of 2012 represents one such transition in the mayan religion / cosmology. it is no different from similar ones that took place in the 17th, 13th, 9th centuries, etc. so if the world didn't end in 1612, it probably won't end this time either.