Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Hey micros... let\'s learn 6-max. 2+2 table

There are chat programs out there that allow for verbal communcication which should be more than effecient enough. I like ventrillo, but an unrigistered server may have some limitations to it.

(And we aren't playing anymore. Did you want to play on stars?)
Old 03-01-2007, 04:33 AM

I think Im only allowed on Stars and Full Tilt anymore (I'm in America, home of the free). Ill do Stars or whatever.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys still playing?

I am -50BB in my first session on FT. There are like 4 TAAs a table. Toughest games I've ever played. I could use a switch.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me a day to get used to the full tilt tables. They're easy monies though and they give you a good opportunity to lag it up. Other than that, it's game selection. Are the games easy on stars? Man I need to get some money on stars since the 2p2 games are on there. Especially if the other players are weaker than full tilt.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 AM

I once got owned severely by stars players. But it was partly tilt, partly bad luck, and partly me not playing right. Since then I've learned to control tilt, studied a lot more to play right, and I'm engaged to lady luck.

As humbly as possible, I don't know if it's me being better or the players have changed, but the .5/1, 1/2 tables at stars doesn't seem like the blender they used to be.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys still playing?

I am -50BB in my first session on FT. There are like 4 TAAs a table. Toughest games I've ever played. I could use a switch.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me a day to get used to the full tilt tables. They're easy monies though and they give you a good opportunity to lag it up. Other than that, it's game selection. Are the games easy on stars? Man I need to get some money on stars since the 2p2 games are on there. Especially if the other players are weaker than full tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of sites I've played at I would rate the games on FT the toughest by far. Guys in chat are openly discussing C-betting flops, etc. I am also seeing B/F and C/R lines at 0.5/1 that I'd usually see at 3/6 elsewhere.

Theres some variance and donk play in my BBV whining for sure, but I am still taking a beating.

I think the games at Stars are easier. Probably one other TAG per table on average. Stars is tougher than other sites I've been on though.

By comparison, Party, Pokerroom, and Doyles (now closed to the US) were all basically free money.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:17 AM

I'll give you a hint. If you see someone talking proper strategy, get up and find another table. I know prima is super passive and easy money compared to fulltilt. Wows me everytime I fire it up. I think live play> any online. 4/8live is softer than anything i've ever seen. Someone called with the nuts against me live. <3 live.

I usually play .25/.5 on FT but I've played a few hundred hands at .5/.1 and they are definately beatable.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you a hint. If you see someone talking proper strategy, get up and find another table. I know prima is super passive and easy money compared to fulltilt. Wows me everytime I fire it up. I think live play> any online. 4/8live is softer than anything i've ever seen. Someone called with the nuts against me live. <3 live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yeah I bailed on that scene as soon as he said "You should have c-bet the flop".

I'm planning a trip up to Seneca in a week if any 2+2 Micro'ers are in NY. It will be my first live ring game.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:24 AM

Lol. On the flipside, I saw some one talking improper strategy while I felt like a change of pace browsing NL tables. I decided to sit down. That was moderately profitable.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 AM

6m blows for friendly games as the waiting list gets too long too fast.

However, pretty cool for off-hours, like 4am thursday.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yeah I bailed on that scene as soon as he said "You should have c-bet the flop".

I'm planning a trip up to Seneca in a week if any 2+2 Micro'ers are in NY. It will be my first live ring game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm w/in driving distance there. What day(s)?