Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: AA--weird calldown from a TAG

[ QUOTE ]
One of the best? What is his sn? And what's yours? PM me plz.

As for the hand, check call is bad since he'll never have a hand to bluff and will check behind hands that can call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is an extremely good player and one of the biggest winners in my database. You don't want him on your buddy list just because he played semi-poorly here, so don't be a d-bag and pretend you do.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 PM

By watching the way you play your hands thru two posts here, saying hes a regular, he probably peels here cause you overplay alot of hands. He can hit alot of good cards on turn, and you're very very likely to pay him off it seems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the best? What is his sn? And what's yours? PM me plz.

As for the hand, check call is bad since he'll never have a hand to bluff and will check behind hands that can call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is an extremely good player and one of the biggest winners in my database. You don't want him on your buddy list just because he played semi-poorly here, so don't be a d-bag and pretend you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf are you retarded? That's not why I wanted his sn. I was just curious who this was and who you are on Party. [censored] idiot.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By watching the way you play your hands thru two posts here, saying hes a regular, he probably peels here cause you overplay alot of hands. He can hit alot of good cards on turn, and you're very very likely to pay him off it seems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he can hit one good card on the turn.

And I have no idea why you would think from my posts that I pay off easily. If anything, I could be calling people down more. I think one of my leaks is incorrectly folding medium-strength hands.

FWIW, this villian usually gives my raise, particularly OOP, a ton of respect. It was inconceivable to me that he would call it with 76s here (and that he would draw to a gutshot, and that he would fail to raise the turn).
Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 PM

There's an AA hand with you, where you clearly overplay your hand. Villain has alot of good semi bluff outs on turn, not only one good card no. Im just saying, by looking at these two posts, i dont think the calldown is all that weird.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's an AA hand with you, where you clearly overplay your hand. Villain has alot of good semi bluff outs on turn, not only one good card no. Im just saying, by looking at these two posts, i dont think the calldown is all that weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh the calldown is not weird once he hits his gutshot, since I OBVIOUSLY have an ace in my hand. Of course it's not that weird for him to call there, as he has position on me and he can push the river and expect a call in any event.

The weird thing is what he showed down. It was astonishing.

Find me this AA hand example you're referring to, because I have posted exactly one other AA hand on this board and it was a straightforward all-in call on a relatively safe flop. Please don't tell me you've read my posts and have another AA example where I "overplayed" my hand when I know for a fact that this is not true.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A) He'd raise 66 on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Very good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

These statements together don't make that much sense. He is going to raise the flop here with 66 against a tight preflop raiser out of the blinds?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:01 AM

sorry felt you're off in a lot of respects here
Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 17/12/2.5. Very good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 03-01-2007, 04:22 AM

I'm check/calling turn and river which is much better than bet/calling or bet/folding.