Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Philly lets Garcia go

[ QUOTE ]
This is not saying Garcia didn't do an excellent job filling in, but who's to say Feely couldn't have done the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Dolphins fan.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:19 PM

Don't go to the bears don't go to the bears....
Old 02-28-2007, 02:19 PM

This is why the Eagles compete every year. They manage their money well and bail out when most people think they should overpay and hang onto a player for 1-2 more years (see Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, etc). Feeley fits in well in this system, was significantly cheaper than Garcia and is 7 years younger.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not saying Garcia didn't do an excellent job filling in, but who's to say Feely couldn't have done the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Dolphins fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleveland and Detroit fans would say the same thing about Garcia.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:25 PM

Do either of these teams have the personnel to run the WCO when he was there. He is and always will be a WCO type guy. He can't run any other type of O. His arm isn't equipped to do so.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Dolphins fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleveland and Detroit fans would say the same thing about Garcia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, good point. But Garcia has proven himself to be a good player in the right position. Feeley never has. If I've got a starting QB coming off an injury that I'm hoping will be ready for training camp, I'd prefer to keep the guy that just did a very good job when he went down.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Feeley was good off the bench of a couple of years ago in Philly in very, limited minutes. I remember him coming off the bench after Detmer got hurt and rolling my 9ers.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do either of these teams have the personnel to run the WCO when he was there. He is and always will be a WCO type guy. He can't run any other type of O. His arm isn't equipped to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my point to the person who said Feeley couldn't have done the same thing as Garcia. Just because he didn't do well in the Dolphins offense doesn't mean he wouldn't thrive in the WCO.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:57 PM

I think Garcia's type of play, mobile QB who has a weak arm but very accurate is the type of QB that most WCO like. If you look at Feeley's career stats, he can't run. At times he's been very accurate but you need to be able to run for 1st downs when needed to run the WCO very well. Just look at all the successful WCO run in the last 15 years. They all had mobile QBs.

Favre, Hasselback, McNabb, Garcia, Young, Montana, etc. could run well and were accurate.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feeley was good off the bench of a couple of years ago in Philly in very, limited minutes. I remember him coming off the bench after Detmer got hurt and rolling my 9ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

He started in 5 games after that, going 4-1. His passer rating was something like 75, not that great. But the Eagles had an excellent defense that year, and he managed the games very well, which is all they needed from him to win.

I would rather have Garcia than Feeley next year, but in 2-3 years, Feeley will be the better option and Garcia wanted too much money to be a backup. If Garcia would have signed cheaply for 1 year, I'm sure they would have kept him.