Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: How much $ to set aside for next year taxes

33% is a perfectly fine estimate. if you want to plan for the end of the world like a lot of the little nerds on these boards, go ahead and do 45%. but theres a huuuge chance it wont be anywhere near that. if you go and estimate your income today at like $60k... theyre probably going to have you send in $20k over the year, or exactly 1/3. i know this for a FACT, because one year i filed for estimated payments for this exact income amount and i had no extenuating circumstances. i understand it can vary state to state etc, but its a solid general estimate. if you want to hoard a ton of extra money in a bank account, then go ahead. otherwise, stick it in a savings or stock account or something and put it to use.

and the penalties for not doing estimated payments will most likely be very negligible. i once paid penalties on a year-late $50k and paid like $100. dont take my word on this, i could imagine it could be very different for some other people.

and some advice- if youre talking to ANYONE about common, average, every-day tax problems/ situations and they mention anything about going to jail, never listen to anything that person ever says concerning taxes again, because they have no idea what theyre talking about.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: How much $ to set aside for next year taxes

thanks zombies kill;

This sounds pretty down to earth and reasonable.