Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Aba on HPS - faking weakness tells?

It is possible that he is somewhat unaware of his body signals but I would have to believe he isn't so clueless to have an obvious oreo cookie rounders like tell.

Also how much does it really matter anyway? Sdouble looked as uncomfortable as anyone in the WPT episode yet it didn't seem to give off any information to the table.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[

BTW, I love how you speak about these players as if you are a winning 100/200 NL player at the Commerce with some extensive wealth of knowledge about high stakes live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad im not the only one who finds that really annoying
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. It was how he was trying stare down Sammy when he made his bet. Eli caught it too and commented on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get that impression at all.

Eli was playing down Sammy's nasty remarks to Brian, by saying that at least he doesn't just move all-in and stare down his opponent.

BTW, I love how you speak about these players as if you are a winning 100/200 NL player at the Commerce with some extensive wealth of knowledge about high stakes live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Farha was making these remarks to try to throw Brian off his game and trying to make the new guy uncomfortable. From watching the show I think that all the pros have a lot of respect for aba - Farha included.

As for the weakness tells, the intensive post editing can often make things much more obvious than they appear at the time.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 PM

My take is that Eli was agreeing with Sammy. They were talking about the way people do the whole stare down thing in what they believe is an over the top way.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

didn't Sammy clean out the big game for a couple of mill recently as commented by Harman and others on HSP?? you really have no right to be speaking bad about him!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no right? C'mon! LOL.

Sammy's skillset is skewed greatly towards his Omaha game. HSP and the Big Game are two completely different animals. I did not say he should give up poker but he gets tuned up regularly now on HSP and I do have the 'right' to comment that he shouldn't be there. I as a viewer, am expressing my opinion that I would like to see him replaced with someone else. His act is old. It's TV -- not Bellagio.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. It was how he was trying stare down Sammy when he made his bet. Eli caught it too and commented on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get that impression at all.

Eli was playing down Sammy's nasty remarks to Brian, by saying that at least he doesn't just move all-in and stare down his opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a winning $100 - $500 (2/3 - 5/5 blinds) NLHE player at the bike (and other LA clubs) and I've been playing live for many years (maybe since before you were born?). My live game is good enough that I can speak from experience. Since I joined 2+2 my game has improved greatly and my stakes have risen appreciably. I'm also playing some home games with thousands on the table every time. For the past 3 or so months I've mostly been concentrating on PLO home games with blinds from 5/5 - 5/10 and a buy in from $500 - $5000. I rarely ever play online and when I do it's just for fun (mostly I let my GF play my online account). I see many of these players at my local clubs and in the past I have played with a few, although before they were famous and at much lower stakes than they play at now. Sorry if you don't appreciate that.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he covered his face with his hands was so amatuerish and coupled with his staredown of Sammy later on and it makes you wonder how good of a live ring game player he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. OMG he put his hand over his mouth! He must be [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It was when he did it. Look at that board and the way he was betting out and then all of a sudden, he's got his hand covering his mouth? He didn't do that in any otherhand we saw. That's a red flag to any player and it's just up to them to decide what it means.