Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: teens dump water on elderly x3- hillarious (they think)

[ QUOTE ]
guys, I can't help but find this hilarious. Me and my brothers splash water in eachothers faces usually every 2-3 months, and it is always hilarious. Yes its totally different and inappropraite here, but I am still laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for practical jokes and crap. The rule on this kind of stuff is if the victim can retaliate or not. If they can get you back, go for it. If not, leave them alone.

I would love to see (okay, not actually witness, but learn of) these kids having to wipe incontinent, elderly asses for a month as a result of this.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:00 PM

The 16 year old asshat in question did this three times over an eight month period, which means he had time enough to consider his actions, and thought it funny enough to return to the scene of the crime multiple times to commit the same offense.

Charging him as an adult seems appropriate here. A few months having ice water poured over his head in "federal pound me in the ass prison" will pretty much ensure he learns what it's like to be bullied.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:18 PM

ben,

The title of your post really had me confused. I thought maybe it had something to do with the X-Men and Brett Ratner. Like, a poorly-done YouTube video where Wolverine was a geriatric or something. Maybe this is just because I've been awake for about 29 hours.

Tron
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 PM

FELONY stalking????? How can there even be such a thing? I mean, shouldn't a felony involve more than just hiding in the bushes and calling and hanging up on cute girls who have no interest in you?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:50 PM

The kids are scumbags and should have the crap beat out of them and/or be put in jail for a while. If you witnessed them do it to your grandma what would you do? Jail is the very least that should be done.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not over-react here guys. I agree it was cruel, but murdering these guys and watching them die from hypothermia is a little overboard. Save those punishments for people fleecing the elderly for their entire life savings or molesting children. These old people just got wet, and they are in a place where they can get immediate medical care and are taken care of.

Again, I am not trying to justify what these punks did, this was a very mean thing to do to an old person, but you guys are over-reacting just a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not an over-reaction in the least, people who do this kind of stuff (it is the repeated part that makes the diff), are the types who grow up to fleece the elderly, molest children, run for office etc.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:27 AM

It's a felony b/c of their age and b/c it constituted a pattern of harrassing conduct.

The trouble hear is the kid didn't get any intervention after the first incident. He didn't get a chance to get his behavior modified by the juvenile justice system. The other problem is that the kid apparently doesn't have a conscience. He obviously didn't sit around feeling bad about what he had done to the old folks. The practical problem with not charging him as an adult is that when he turns 18, he's out of the juvenile system and that's not enough time for supervision. They're moving away from having juvenile records closed so people areprobably eventually going to find out about his record if he is charged as a juvenile. I would charge him as an adult, and then set the following conditions for his stayed felony prison sentence:

+ no contact with the nursing home or its residents
+ 100 hours community service
+ 60 days jail
+ psych eval and follow the recommendations
Old 02-28-2007, 01:43 AM

on a related note, there have been a record number of homeless people being attacked and killed and the trend is rising. the perpetrators are nearly always teenagers.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:49 AM

It wouldn't need to be my grandmother that this happened to for me to react. If I ever saw any kid to this to any elderly person I would hunt them down and kick the living sh*t out of them until I cracked their skull, or they cracked mine. To the point of death without being killed. That should hopefully get the message through that if they every did anything this retarded again, death is the next step.

F*ck their future. You make stupid mistakes when you're kids, yes. But at 16, you have enough mental capacity to know that what you're doing here is crossing the line. I hope they never get a job, ever.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 AM

skoob, please change your avatar [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]