Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Any HU LO8 players on FTP here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tex, don't take this the wrong way. I dig you. But in this limited instance, you seriously need to sit back, relax, and pour yourself a cold glass of STFU.

I presume I don't need to explain to Mr. Arena what "STFU" means.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a point to an extent.

but seriously, give credit where credit is due. no one has been killing the 30, 50, or 100 games on FT- and the traffic at 50 and 100 is so small you couldn't even play 10k hands a month unless it was HU vs. glazed or somebody.
okay i'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you're done, because half of what you say is completely wrong. "Killing" is a subjective term, so I'll leave that aside, but Glazed never sits smaller than 100-200, and I quit him down about 9k. He was someone I was thinking of when I wrote about why the bigger games are much tougher. The idea that 50-100 traffic is small, let alone comparably small to 100-200, is ridiculous. The player pool at that level is many times larger.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...narena/pto.gif
Old 03-01-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...narena/pto.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:44 PM

MIA-

You posted < 5K hands of 50-100.

That doesn't bode too well in defending the supposed fact that there is a lot of traffic at 50-100, especially since you posted 16K hands or so of FR 30-60, which, doesn't go nearly as often as 6-max.

Not to be a nit, but I am going to be one, if you've beaten the games up to 200-400, where are the hands? Why isn't there a 100-200 in that screen shot?

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen soft SHhilo games going at all limits I play, 30-60 thru 200-400

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've played and beaten all the regulars at fulltilt up to 100-200

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two quotes do contradict eachother assuming you didn't leave out any detail.

Look, nice screenshot, and if this is a months worth of hands then gg.

But I have a feeling you're probably not a full time player, thus, please beware of making assumptions based on 25K hands.

And seriously, plz tell me when a 50-100 or 100-200 FR goes. I have FT open all day when I'm online and i rarely ever see it make.

If it does, just drop me an email and I'll join you.

Or, PM me here.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:14 PM

I didnt get into pokertracker until a few months ago so a lot of hands I played before then were not saved, the numbers from that database probably go back six months or so. The full ring 30-60 figures are from stars, and were in the vast majority of cases played with four or fewer players, but I confess I felt the number of hands needed bulking up, so I included them. Some are also from HOSE and HORSE games. Its possible that we play at different times - if I said that there was a lot of traffic at 50-100, I guess what I meant was that you can generally get a game or two going pretty quickly, not that there were six or eight games going around the clock. I do stand by what I said about the player pool at 50-100 being much larger than at 100-200, as a lot of people who play 30 frequently play the 50 if it goes, but not the 100.

As for the lack of figures for 1-2 and higher, I couldnt find a way to display more than four lines in one screenshot, and I was already walking a line between proving my credentials and jumping through hoops. Take my word for it that the net figure across those limits is positive, but over only two thousand or so hands. I have beaten similar limits live, unsurprisingly since they are generally softer than the corresponding games online.

I have to tell you that a few of your assumptions are wrong. I do play for a living and have done for several years now. Another reason for the smallish number of hands is that I have recently been trying to significantly improve my NLHE and have spent a large amount of time in those games instead. I also enjoy playing mix games, which further reduces the amount of hands in each discipline logged. But as I said in what I think was my second post, I've been playing and beating SH hilo since it first started to get popular online five or so years ago, and consider it certainly one of my strongest games.

I almost never see 50-100 or 100-200 ring go, and never said I did. My comments related to 6max and headsup. I don't really know why you'd want it, quite frankly - I remember a year or so ago when fulltilt was beginning to develop market share, there was a semi frequent 50-100 or 100-200 game, and it was HORRIBLE. It was ridiculously full of grinders and nits, and had no value at all except when I sat and got impatient. You really want to play with those guys jmonnett and magic aces and others I cant remember but who never give anything away? If you want soft fullring O8, a thread on fulltilt is the last place you should be.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 PM

mrrobert pwns LOL
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM

Everything this guy said in his post is correct. It's kind've obvious though, so the fact that people can question it is hilarious.

This poster is obviously very good at HU based on a few of the things he said.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM

LOL, I woulda have staked this guy against almost anyone if the forum pre screenshot based one post.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM

I think understanding how and why MrRobert stayed afloat for so long is very important to understand where the money is coming from in shorthanded omaha.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are MichaelScarn, I hope your dog gets hit by a car!

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol I just saw this

No, I am definitely not MS. I have played him a lot, though - I've alluded to him in this forum, in the well thread by what is 7x6.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 AM

Why would one play HU at FT for 8-16 or lower? Isn't the rake oppressive compared to stack size?