Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Vegas, looking for good blackjack

For the most part, you're not going to find a good 6-deck game on the strip for less than $25 minimum. The exception may be on off-days and off-hours like Sunday/Monday morning around 8-9 AM when one or perhaps two tables will have its min-bet reduced to $10-$15.

Favorable rules including S17, late surrender, DA2, DAS and RSA with decent penetration exist for these games. Look carefully as the pit next to yours will very likely consist of similar looking BJ games with worse house rules. You will probably have to verbally inquire about the surrender option as that is rarely (if ever) posted.

Shoe games off strip are going to have significantly less favorable rules to go with that lower minimum.

GL2U
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 AM

True, I was talking about $25 min games. You will find lower limits early in the am at places like Bellagio, however. Of course if you go at peak timesx the limits will be higher.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 AM

so it seems like theres really not much around the mirage. i guess ill check out barbary coast. and Montreux is the same place as the New Frontier right? I'll check that place out if i feel like walking that far.

As for public transportation, i don't think i have ever been on a public bus before in my life, ever. so i have no idea how the h3ll that works. And the monorail, Whats the deal with that? theres only 1 car running the whole track? are there designated times at each location?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM

the mgm has s17 six deck game that I've consistently found at $5 min offpeak. They have tons of tables and not many are S17 so look around, last time I was there they were by that wolfgang puck restaurant.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the mgm has s17 six deck game that I've consistently found at $5 min offpeak. They have tons of tables and not many are S17 so look around, last time I was there they were by that wolfgang puck restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the evening you can find $10 tables at the MGM.

Someone mentioned Stanford Wong's Current Blackjack News. You can get it ahead of time as a psf document so you can plan ahead.