Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Ask me about juggling

is what you are talking about with juggling how poker players sound to everyone else? if so im nevergoing to talk about poker again in my life to a non-poker player
Old 02-25-2007, 07:14 PM

I've tried juggling. I think it's insanely hard. Can you do that trick where you pass a stick back and forth between 2 sticks in your hands?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 PM

My guess is 5 minutes. Cause I am a schmuck and I learned.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much practice would it take for your average semi-coordinated schmuck to go from no juggling ability to a decent but not good 3 ball juggle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've taught someone from scratch (no juggling at all) to run a decent 3-ball cascade (lasting 1 minute or so) in about an hour.

Most people can learn 3 balls in just a day. You just have to have the desire. You'll be bending over picking up drops A LOT.

It helps to have someone there who can juggle good teaching you, but you can do it yourself too. I taught myself (when I was about 12) in one afternoon. I was using tennis balls on a hardwood floor, which is the worst way to learn. The tennis balls kept bouncing and rolling out of my reach.

If you learn with bean bags, you get a lot more tries in, in the same amount of time, because they stay put when they fall to the ground.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much practice would it take for your average semi-coordinated schmuck to go from no juggling ability to a decent but not good 3 ball juggle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've taught someone from scratch (no juggling at all) to run a decent 3-ball cascade (lasting 1 minute or so) in about an hour.

Most people can learn 3 balls in just a day. You just have to have the desire. You'll be bending over picking up drops A LOT.

It helps to have someone there who can juggle good teaching you, but you can do it yourself too. I taught myself (when I was about 12) in one afternoon. I was using tennis balls on a hardwood floor, which is the worst way to learn. The tennis balls kept bouncing and rolling out of my reach.

If you learn with bean bags, you get a lot more tries in, in the same amount of time, because they stay put when they fall to the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would add that it's best to practice standing at the side of a bed or in front of a couch so that the balls fall right in front of you and you don't have to bend over much.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Tips for juggling two balls?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] juggling.

Where can I get some good juggling clubs?

Can you do 3 balls in one hand?

I can do 4 balls but only doing the 2 in each hand individually way. What are some other patterns I should try?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy clubs at several differnt online juggling stores. There's a bunch to chose from. I recommend going ahead and buying some good quality, multi-piece clubs with "spring board" type handles. I bruised my hands up pretty good learning clubs when I was using some cheap one-piece hard plastic ones.

Here's a few places I've ordered stuff from:

Jugglingstore.com
Serious Juggling
Todd Smith

Yes, I can do 3 balls in one hand (several differnt ways). I can do 3 balls in each hand, which makes 6 total, but I can only do that for a little bit (about 20 catches).

The normal way to do 4 balls is 2 in each hand. That is called a "Fountain" pattern. You can do it synchronous or async. There are tons of patterns with 4 balls, including the 4-ball shower (looks like a circle).
Old 02-25-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is what you are talking about with juggling how poker players sound to everyone else? if so im nevergoing to talk about poker again in my life to a non-poker player

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Very much so. Sorry.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried juggling. I think it's insanely hard. Can you do that trick where you pass a stick back and forth between 2 sticks in your hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're referring to "Devil Sticks". I can do devil sticks a little bit, but I'm not very good at it.

I don't know why, but stuff like devil sticks, diabolo, poi, unicycle, stilts, etc always gets lumped together with juggling. I guess because they are all circus type skills. I am not good an any of these other things except juggling.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tips for juggling two balls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised it took this long before the "playing with balls" innuendos started.

Any time I juggle in public, I get hecklers with these type of comments. I don't mind them (unless they are really persistent), and just laugh it off. But, some jugglers really get bent ouf of shape about it.

The other comment I always get is, "Are you a clown?" Again, I don't mind it much, but most jugglers absolultely hate being called a "clown".