Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: 21 and i feel like mid life crisis

[ QUOTE ]

Well it doesn't matter what school you went to. OP clearly stated he's Canadian so don't try to bash him for something he's right about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had I known at the time Canada doesn't grade like the US I wouldn't have said anything. <font color="white">LOL at getting 75% anyway</font>
Old 02-26-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can be in the states or canada, but being as i am canadian i'm pretty liberal. I don't wanna go to like, texas or something. Weather is a non issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about any US party school you go to will be liberal, even in Texas.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, nobody answered my question of whether i could play poker from a dorm in the usa. I would assume yes, being as i'm canadian.. but maybe college resnet would block it? i dunno?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not illegal to play in the states. If it was, being Canadian wouldn't help you. Individual schools might block it anyway just because they're dicks.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM

just read this a little late

please for the love of god do it...stereotypical college life (aka drinking, being irresponsible)....

is awesome
Old 03-08-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It can be in the states or canada, but being as i am canadian i'm pretty liberal. I don't wanna go to like, texas or something. Weather is a non issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about any US party school you go to will be liberal, even in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think the political thing is way overdone, especially if you go to a big school. I go to Michigan, which is as you might expect pretty liberal.

However, there are thousands of conservatives here, so it's not like you can't find like-minded people. Further, 95% of the manifestations of liberalism are editorials in the Daily or various protests. So the effect on you is "I had to read another dumb editorial" or "I had to walk past a bunch of dirty hippies" or "A person said something which I disagreed with in class." This doesn't strike me as a particularly good reason to avoid a school.

Also, as a liberal myself, I find those on the left that I disagree with far more annoying than those on the right that I disagree with. So there's that.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but Univerisy of Texas is in Austin which is super liberal. It's also the center of a lot industry in technological areas, so depending on what you may want to do later it may be a decent choice.