Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Question for SitNHit

[ QUOTE ]
Your welcome to your beliefs

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. You're welcome. Boy, my grammar is as poor as Sitnhit's. I don't judge you on your grammar Sitnhit; we all make mistakes. You seem like a nice guy. Carry on.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This will be my last post cause it doesn't benefit me in my opinion to discuss my feelings the way you guys discuss yours any further. Don't bother addressing me I won't be reading the forum anymore as well so you won't get the satisfaction of me reading your posts or opinions any further. It may seem like I am running, but why choose to come to a place where people tell you your wrong, doesn't make much sense to me unless you believe your wrong as well and want to be enlightend.

I hope you find something to live for, even if it's not the truth, anything good is better then nothing.

So the last thing I will say is, all in all your just another brick in the wall................

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I'd say it's not the bricks…it's the mortar, but that's just me.

If atheist's ever wonder why philosphical theists have a problem with literalists or fundamentalists - now you know. One step forward and two steps back.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I'd say it's not the bricks…it's the mortar, but that's just me.

If atheist's ever wonder why philosphical theists have a problem with literalists or fundamentalists - now you know. One step forward and two steps back.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have great insight John21. I love your avatar, it somehow perfectly reflects your posts - academic yet human.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 AM

<font color="blue">This will be my last post cause it doesn't benefit me in my opinion to discuss my feelings... </font>

Well there you have it. SitnHit was discussing his feelings all along. No wonder he came and went without ever posting a single intelligent thought.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He did predict the Cival War didn't he? Or was that just a lucky guess?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it wasn't a lucky guess. Pretty much every contempory newspaper, was making the same guess.

As far as a civil war history lesson, I'll let other's more qualified elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be my last post cause it doesn't benefit me in my opinion to discuss my feelings the way you guys discuss yours any further. Don't bother addressing me I won't be reading the forum anymore as well so you won't get the satisfaction of me reading your posts or opinions any further. It may seem like I am running, but why choose to come to a place where people tell you your wrong, doesn't make much sense to me unless you believe your wrong as well and want to be enlightend.

I hope you find something to live for, even if it's not the truth, anything good is better then nothing.

So the last thing I will say is, all in all your just another brick in the wall................

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I guess we won't be seeing you in Atlantic City? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Wow. I guess some people just really like being ignorant. When faced with a direct challenge to his faith, he complained about the language used by the source, then said that of course we could poke holes in his beliefs because we were intelligent, then made fun of us for being intelligent, and finally gave up and left.

Oh well, at least he left. It's not all bad. If he comes back though, I'm instantly putting him on ignore and will press the moderators strongly for a ban, at least from this folder.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I should spend my life trying to find things false about peoples beliefs and then showing it to them and ask for a answer on the spot. I think that would be time well spent and lead to a happy meaningful life. I also think that I would be an asset to society and my fellow man.

Signed
2+2 S,M&amp;P Posters aka smart people, aka intelligent, aka have intelligence, aka smart, oh we said that already, just want to remind you were smart, aka can't fool us, aka Athiest, aka likes to read books about why God doesn't exist, aka wasteland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: You rationalists are so mean, always bringing up "facts" all the time. Wouldn't life be better if we just ignored inconvenient facts and relied on what feels right?

[ QUOTE ]
I think a reasonable person should follow there feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explains a lot. I think reasonable people should rely on their reason, hence the word "reasonable". It depends if you think truthiness is more important than truth.

Personally it would concern me if the revered prophet who founded my religion was an obvious liar and con-man, but if you think that's irrelevant and we should all just relax and feel the love, then I don't know what else I can say.

[ QUOTE ]
It may seem like I am running, but why choose to come to a place where people tell you your wrong, doesn't make much sense to me unless you believe your wrong as well and want to be enlightend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This can only be read as "I have no interest in a search for truth, people who tell me I'm wrong are mean because obviously I'm right so I don't want to hear it".
Old 02-25-2007, 04:24 PM

It's worse than that. What he wants is for people to follow his feelings, not their own. And even then he doesn't want anyone to follow their "bad" feelings, those come from the Devil. But even those Devil feelings can feel good, very similar to the feelings we're supposed to follow. But obviously only Mormonism can really instill those feelings...

On and on.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 PM

"This will be my last post cause it doesn't benefit me in my opinion to discuss my feelings the way you guys discuss yours any further. Don't bother addressing me I won't be reading the forum anymore as well so you won't get the satisfaction of me reading your posts or opinions any further. It may seem like I am running, but why choose to come to a place where people tell you your wrong, doesn't make much sense to me unless you believe your wrong as well and want to be enlightend. "

Am I the only one that did a little fist pump when they read this?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not about things seeming easy, ooo im so impressive. You really have that outlook about these kids of things, albeit, science, math, religion, etc? You say I can solve so and so problem and it's easy for you and your like, there you go, done, 3 seconds, easy, im so smart.

I guess some wisdom is a disguised form of brilliance and some intelligence is a diguised form of stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we're up to how many posts in this thread while still dodging the question? Only one person on my ignore list in all of SMP hell, but you are making a strong push to become #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's the other? Is it siegfriedandroy or is it Sharkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither, actually. SAR doesn't post enough for me to ignore him and Sharkey just makes new accounts, so its not worth the effort. The only one is Skidoo.