Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: OT: $27 ROI Challenge

I'd be interested in doing this for the $6 turbos on stars, any takers there?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:14 PM

if youre going to use sharkscope. just write down each players games played and total profit right at the start of the contest period and record them. whenever you want updates or final results. just subtract those numbers from their new totals and you will get EXACT numbers of SNGs and total profit. you can calculate ROI very easily at that point obviously. and if players are playing other buyins for fun thats fine, just filter it in sharkscope to do just the 27s.
(if thats the case you should also use that same filter AT THE START when recording initial numbers)
Old 02-24-2007, 08:22 PM

Braminc, what if they play something other than the 27s during that time?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:37 PM

the day of the start of the period of contest, filter each player at just the 27s and write down how many gmaes and total profit.

then at any time you want an update, simply use the same filter (showing just 27s) and gather same info and subtract the numbers recorded on day 1

the sharkscope filters have 20 and 30 as options for mins and maxes. are there any other sngs at stars between those levels? (i dont play there)

im assuming theres a 20+2 reg speed tourney which could cause problems if people played them. it would be easier to get a higher roi here, and i dont see how you can tell the difference through sharkscope.

the problem with using sharkscopes filters by TIME is that youd have to be exactly one month in to get accurate info using the 'last month' filter. (or one week to use the 'week' filter, etc)
Old 02-24-2007, 08:39 PM

heres another thought. when you use the filter searching for games between the buyins of 20 and 30, the avg buyin should be exactly 25 if theyve only played the 27s (i am positive that rake is not included in avg buyins by sharkscope)

so if someones avg buyin is lower than 25 when using the above described filter, then you know that person 'cheated' and play a certain number of regular 22s
Old 02-24-2007, 08:42 PM

for final results the best method i can think of is to use the 2month filter AND the minbuyin 20 - maxbuyin 30 filter on the last day of the bet (say april 30th).

the only loophole left here is that people could sneak in some 22s, but you should be able to notice this in the avg buyin of the filtered results.....

lol this is more complicated than it seems at first
Old 02-24-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heres another thought. when you use the filter searching for games between the buyins of 20 and 30, the avg buyin should be exactly 25 if theyve only played the 27s (i am positive that rake is not included in avg buyins by sharkscope)

so if someones avg buyin is lower than 25 when using the above described filter, then you know that person 'cheated' and play a certain number of regular 22s

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they sneak in 30+3's??
Old 02-24-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they sneak in 30+3's??

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the average would be slightly higher right?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM

ugh, i didnt even think of 30+3s, since rake isnt counted those would show up too... it would be nice if sharkscope would let us type in ONE buyin.

honestly i dont know anymore...im sure theres a way tho
Old 02-24-2007, 09:03 PM

I am in. I do not think I can play much more than 1000, I can definately get 1000 done but not much more in a month.