Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: WSOP Circuit Event - Caesar\'s AC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any educated guesses as to how many entries these $300 and $500 weekday tournaments might have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played in a circuit event, but I played in the Borgata Open $500 event last month and there were about 1400 players. Maybe check the stats/results for the last circuit event that came through AC.

I'm playing 2 $300's and a $500 at Caesars and am hoping for some big fields

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think they're going to get 1400 for these events. The Borgata had two $500 events, one before the main event and one after. Caesars is having multiple $300 events for the first week. Hopefull it will be close to 500 entries for these events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's had about 825 in December for their circuit event $300 buy in on a Saturday. I would guess it will be about the same.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:38 PM

Expect more or less 1000 players.

This is a two day event, we play day one until level 14 or 2 am, whichver comes first.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a two day event, we play day one until level 14 or 2 am, whichver comes first.

[/ QUOTE ]

my friend called them this morning and, even though it says that on the website, the guy at the poker room told him they are just playing straight through until theres a winner....
Old 02-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Whoa....thats a super long time.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:52 PM

I played in an event at the Borgata a couple of years ago that started at noon with about 480 players. The final table did not start until about 2 or 3AM and it was finally over at 6AM. It was hard to think straight towards the end.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:56 PM

I played in an event at the Borgata a couple of years ago that started at noon with about 480 players. The final table did not start until about 2 or 3AM and it was finally over at 6AM. It was hard to think straight towards the end.

That was the $500 +$60 limit event in 2004. I bubbled that event, I got knocked out 28th and they paid 27.

I played until 2 am without making anything. That was the first and only time that poker almost caused me to cry literal tears.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my friend called them this morning and, even though it says that on the website, the guy at the poker room told him they are just playing straight through until theres a winner....

[/ QUOTE ]

sheesh, better bring a six pack of redbull with you.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That was the $500 +$60 limit event in 2004. I bubbled that event, I got knocked out 28th and they paid 27.

I played until 2 am without making anything. That was the first and only time that poker almost caused me to cry literal tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was a $1K NL event. Sorry 'bout your bubble.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was a $1K NL event. Sorry 'bout your bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh,,,life happens. I had Queens against a dude who had KQ and he rivered a K to knock me out. After the hand the player who put the beat on me poured salt into the wound by telling me instead of three betting preflop I should have folded. He told me I had enough chips to coast into the money.

Anyways, what time does everyone plan on meeting Saturday morning [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 AM

i heard you start with 4k and 60 minute levels, can anyone confirm?? if this is true are they really gonna make people play for 24++ hours straight??