Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Starting over AND getting a student !!

To everyone;
I am reading everybody's responces so don't feel left out if I don't respond to you, I did read your post !!

@Shaq If you have a question regarding a certain situation or problem, send me a PM and I'll do my best to help you out. This goes for everyone btw. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you become my student I am going to tailor the advice and strategy discussion to you personally and I'll try to explain the more complicated parts of this game, so its not just talking about specific hands the overal eb and flow of the game is way more important (how to adapt vs certain players, metagame -once we get this far-, dealing with agression, changing gears etc. etc. etc.).
If you 'get' the game and why you take a certain line or action everything else starts to fall in its place and the correct line is way easier to find if you happen to get yourself in a tricky/new situation.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:12 AM

1) What site do you play?

Mainly Party, sometimes FTP/PS

2) What limits do you play?

NL200 FR, NL400 FR if i can find a table

3) Experience?

On FR a lot, I have lost my pre-13oct db but since then, i played 110k hands of fr (Number of hands/WR: NL400: 1.8k/3.3 NL200: 72k/3.5 ; NL100: 37k/5.7).

A few "shots" in 6-max (NL200: 12.2k/0.6; NL100: 10k/2.2; NL50: 7k;5)

I try to play TAG and seems to be tight weak with some monkey tilt phases. I'm 24/18/2.7 in 6-max and 15/10/2.3 in FR.

I have a very good math backgroung (but i'm not a stat/proba geek).

4) Goals with poker (for instance what limits are you trying to reach)?

I'm playing about 70h/month right now. My goals are (for the end of 2007):
_ Break even+ NL600 6-max on PP
_ 3PTBB+ NL1000 FR
_ 4PTBB+ NL400 6max on PP

When I tryed 6-max (in december) I had a very hard time to adapt to the aggression of the NL200 tables. This was a great experience and improved my game a lot. Since the beginning of the year I went back to FR to win $$ but right now I'm in a dead end as on PP there is nearly no action in FR NL400+ (5-12 tables ofNL200, 0-1 table of NL400, 0 table of NL600, 2-4 tables of NL1000 each evening EU time). Thus
I think I need to switch to 6-max.

5) You need a drive to improve, this is WAY more important than your current skill level. I don't mind to explain everything twice as long as you listen and try to understand and build this into your game. If this doesn't work out the way I want, I will take up a different student (this is a last resort type of thing).

I'm 32 and run my own business for a few years until July 06. We had a knid of "downsing" in business and I decided to give poker a try, and to take some time to define what I will do with my life. So far I manage to win the 3k/month I need to live and I decided that I'll play poker till the end of this year to see if I can win more. I need to improve my game and my discipline (stop tilting and becoming a calling station with marginal hand).

6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway. Hmmm actually this might make a good pooh bah post where I basically record my students progress and the pitfalls we experience together.

That's fine.

Edit : Sorry I wanted to edit my first post because i mistyped a "bold" and quoted it instead. It resulted in a second post.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 AM

How many hands have you played at FR jetset with what ptbb/100?

I forgot to mention but this is only for 6max, I am absolutely horrible at FR...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 AM

About me: 24 years old, Danish and study medicine on 4. year.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
party

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
50nl with a 1200$ roll

[ QUOTE ]
3) Experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

2006: sngs and tournaments. up 6000$ total on that, withdrew and spent it all... Starting Nov 2006 i had some time off, and starting playing 25nl at FT. moved to UB and was playing 100nl in January. Won 2k over 25k hands in January. Moved to party for tax reasons in feb, and started loosing. Down 1600$ over 13k hand in feb.

I dont know if I ran ultra hot at UB, or if I just cant adjust to party players, but i've moved down to 50nl to get my game together again. Sometimes I think that I lack some fundamentals, and that I could crush the games if I learn the basics.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

200nl by the end of april
400nl by the end of june and
600nl by the end of august.

[ QUOTE ]
5) You need a drive to improve, this is WAY more important than your current skill level. I don't mind to explain everything twice as long as you listen and try to understand and build this into your game. If this doesn't work out the way I want, I will take up a different student (this is a last resort type of thing).

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting mid-march untill september I'm going to play full time, and poker is going to be my only source of income. I simply cannot allow myself to fail.

[ QUOTE ]
6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway. Hmmm actually this might make a good pooh bah post where I basically record my students progress and the pitfalls we experience together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine by me.

-AndreasQ
Old 02-22-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands have you played at FR jetset with what ptbb/100?

I forgot to mention but this is only for 6max, I am absolutely horrible at FR...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really need a FR mentor (not that I can not improve my game but i'm allready way above the NL200 FR players field). I want a 6-max mentor that's why I'm answering, the fact that this offer was 6-max oriented was quite obvious [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

About the number of hand, FR lifetime I don't really know. If I think my first NL cash game was in March 05 or something. I'd say something like 200k hands. I have lost my old database so the only figures that I'm sure of are in the first post.

PS : I'd love to discuss how the aggression of 6-max game could be use in FR with a good 6-max player. I stole "concepts" such as raising pp and 3bet light to the 6-max game and I used its in FR with great success. I'm sure there are much more moves and line that can be use successfully.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Count me in!

I'm playing 25NL with a $500 bankroll. I genuinely feel i have a decent but not great feel for hand reading, but would really enjoy and benefit from some good theoretical discussion, which i feel is my weakest spot by FAR. my roll is currently on FTP but since i have Neteller it would be pretty easy for me to transfer to another site.

My goals are: to move beyond being a minor winner in the game to a point where i can feel really comfortable in my decisions at the table. i plan to keep playing and to move up as quickly as my bankroll and skill set allow.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't mind me asking, but why the hell are you playing FTP when you can play on party? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

is Party really that much softer for the 25NL-100NL levels?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 AM

Picking a student is going to be harder than I imagined lol. If you don't get picked, Im still going to post the conversations so you can pick something out of that and you can always send me a PM with a question and I'll try to answer it. Just don't flood me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM

Played NL for about 2.5 months now, before that about 2 months of limit...
I ran sick hot on 2NL, 5NL, 10NL, and then went on to 25NL. Had a bit more trouble on that level but moved on to 50NL after a couple weeks of grinding. I feel my grasp of the game is getting better with every hand I play, and my main focus for this month is to grind out as much hands as I can and take next month to cut back on the multitabling and prepare myself for more quality play.

Played about 26.9k 50NL hands this month, 1200d profit or so. Most of it comes from Party Poker. Setting myself up for next month with datamining and getting used to the usage of statistics.

My goals are pretty simple, buying a nice motorcycle at the beginning of May, playing NL200 at least by the end of next year.

It's nice that your doing it for free though, dutchies don't like to pay money :P

P.S. Very flexible in playing and discussion time, day/night...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM

Party
NL50
SNG $11
3) Experience?
4 months learning poker before start
6 months playing.
Reach NL200 in 6 months
Make about $2000 playing about 60 hours per month
Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM

Hey I'm interested in your offer because I am in the same kind of situation as in I'm starting over at 50NL after having reached 200NL a while back.

About me: 20 uni student in the uk, speak both french and english.

I've been playing poker for a year now, started with freerolls on most sites that proposed them in january of 2006. Started playing real money limit in may of 2006 went from the micros up to 3/6 limit with a $50 starting BR. In november of 2006 I started playing 25NL, and moved up quickly through the limits. I was playing 200NL(just scratched the surface) by the start of January, but took a break while cashing out most of my winnings. I have started playing again a week ago and am switching between 50NL and 100NL, and would like to be able to discuss what I'm doing right or wrong with someone else.

I like to move up quickly, and am very aggressive with my "shot-taking" and 10BIs is enough for me, but I can adapt.

-Pokerstars, party poker

-50NL/100NL

3) Experience?
Listed above, limit up to 3/6, NL up to Nl200

Reaching mid stakes, NL600 and NL1k

-Motivation is something I sometimes lack but right that is not the case at all, and i've got my mind on improving and this seems like the ideal path.

-I'm ok with it.
Closed Thread