Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Program to view Open Raise % by position?

I'm not quite sure but i think "CR if CT" is "Call River if Call Turn".
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are soe quote's on how to change the port:
[ QUOTE ]
Our House,

The postgresql.conf file is just a plain old text file. Open it in notepad, wordpad, etc then look for this section near the top...

[ QUOTE ]
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '192.168.100.90' # what IP address(es) to listen on;
# comma-separated list of addresses;
# defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
port = 5432
max_connections = 100

[/ QUOTE ]

Then change the port from 5433 to 5432 and restart the PSQL service.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find the postgresql.conf (and all other things) by going to "Start"->"All Programs"->"PostgreSQL"->"Configuration Files" ....

[ QUOTE ]
That worked, Perc. Thank you! I needed to take some of the other steps from my earlier post.

A few things to note (for others who need to do this):

- Stop the PostgreSQL service
- Change the port# to 5432 in the postgresql.conf file
- Remove the PostgreSQL settings in PokerTracker and add them again under port# 5432
- Go to the ODBC datasources (System DSN tab) and edit all of the unicode databases and the unicode test port so that they are also at port# 5432
- Enter the PGAdminIII tool from the start menu (under PostgreSQL) and change the properties of the 8.1/8.2 Database Server so it works from port# 5432
- Restart the PostgreSQL service

** If PokerAceHUD doesn't update stats correctly (mine didn't), then just close BOTH PAHUD and PokerTracker, run the registry editor from my above post, and reopen them.

That should do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to try this out but not sure how to switch my 8.2 pokertracker databases, which are port5433, over to port 5432

i am unsure on what to do regarding some of the steps above - i need more specific directions (i am a database noob).

is there no way to get the program to see the databases in port 5433 ?

how ?- Stop the PostgreSQL service
- Change the port# to 5432 in the postgresql.conf file
- Remove the PostgreSQL settings in PokerTracker and add them again under port# 5432
how ? - Go to the ODBC datasources (System DSN tab) and edit all of the unicode databases and the unicode test port so that they are also at port# 5432
how ? - Enter the PGAdminIII tool from the start menu (under PostgreSQL) and change the properties of the 8.1/8.2 Database Server so it works from port# 5432
how ? - Restart the PostgreSQL service

cheers,
sean
Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 AM

I worked on the databaseconnection of my applications.
One can now configure on which port the database(s) are running.
For this purpose a new field ("Port") has been introduced under "Main"->"Options"->"Databases".

The new version 1.5 can be downloaded here:
www.spadeit.com/sql.zip

Can anyone with the database on Port 5433 reply that it's working, so i can continue upading my other applications, too. Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 02:27 PM

The latest version won't unzip - says invalid archive or some such.

Also - any chance you would share the SQL statements you used to generate the tables for preflop raise, cold call, allin range, etc?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:52 PM

Can you please retry to download?
Download and unzip is working for me :/.
Maybe got to clear the browser cache, or my provider had some problems...

I can't share the SQL statements simply because there are no statements to share.

I just go through every hand of a player and do the analysis on my own...
Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 AM

i am downloading...will report back regarding port recognition functionality.

thanks for the fix.
sean
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I worked on the databaseconnection of my applications.
One can now configure on which port the database(s) are running.
For this purpose a new field ("Port") has been introduced under "Main"->"Options"->"Databases".

The new version 1.5 can be downloaded here:
www.spadeit.com/sql.zip

Can anyone with the database on Port 5433 reply that it's working, so i can continue upading my other applications, too. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

it is now working with port 5433.

haven't had a chance to really try the sql app out yet but i can confirm that your upgrade allows it to see my 8.2 databases.

thanks,
sean
Old 03-05-2007, 06:33 AM

RE: Mr. Snood's SQL appliation - initial feedback

hello mr. snood,

i gave your application a quick perusal. my initial impression is quite positive as i believe it could have some utility.

one question -- when i use the "search for player" option the program seems to load all the tables i had open -- is there any way to limit the tables it searches for players?

basically, SQL took a long time to load all the tables i had open thus limiting the tables might allow one to start using the program much quicker (there was quite a long delay before it was functional).

especially given i was really only interested in the players at 4-5 tables at a time, not the other 7-8 i had open in the background.

for example, it would be useful to have the option to have it search for players ONLY from the tables at which you were seated, as these are essentially the main players of interest during a session.

<if the above was not doable> a couple more similar ideas might be to add an option to search for players ONLY from the tables active on the screen (meaning NOT the minimized tables in the background) or search for players ONLY from the highlighted table (the one with the focus).

Note - the long delay in SQL loading may be a problem at my end--perhaps caused by my somewhat aging computer and all the other essential poker apps i was running at the same time.

finally, is there anyway to clear the player list without having to remove one player at a time?

anyway thanks for creating this cool little tool.

cheers,
sean

ps. the default/buddy list looks like a great idea
Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 AM

Works like a charm on port 5433.

Looks very nice!

Some request/bug reports:

1) I can't show my own stats. I think this is because I have linked different sreennames togheter with the alias option in PT.

2) Would be nice to tell which suit a players card is, so you could see if he was on a draw when going all inn. (now it just says JTs or JTo).

3) Could you also add limping hands and reraise PF hands?

4) Could you also add blind defence hands? (just like the cold call stat only for the blinds.

5) Is it possible to fix the cold call % error? This is also a problem in PT. Could call % is currently CC/all hands, while it should be CC/possible CC situation.

6)This is probably not possible, but: it would be nice to see how many other people had called a raise before the player CC/reraise. Or how many people had limped before the player limps.

7) Probably also hard: Is it possible to retrive the actuall handhistoried directly from the program. Much like you can do from PT, only it's much faster to find a hand similar to one your playing with this program.

Great program!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM

-one other addition-

sven,

sort the all-in hands by hand rankings--the ace-x hands then the k-x hands and so on (i.e., AA, AK, AQ...down to..A2, KK, KQ, KJ.......)

currently i cannot tell how it is sorted down the list which makes it hard to view multiple instances of the same or similar starting hands and how they were played.

cheers and thanks again,
sean