Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Party/Sporting Bet shares jump on talk of US law change

Johnny,

He's certain because of the low probability of a carve-out coming to pass in the short term, despite the efforts of the PPA and poker players.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that release is market manipulation, plain and simple...

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you so certain this is the case? I'm not saying it's not a possibility but I don't understand how that is the only reasonable conclusion to draw. Why is it not feasabile that these guys could be starting to get a glimpse of the regs or the banks thoughts about the ability to enforce them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the article, with irrelevant fluff cut out... (to truly understand, in could just as easily be Sniper and BluffThis talking to Amy and Sarah, instead of Kevin and Martin)

PartyGaming, Sportingbet Jump on Talk of Law Change (Update1)
By Amy Wilson and Sarah Thompson

Feb. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Shares of U.K. Internet gambling companies PartyGaming Plc and Sportingbet Plc rose on speculation that laws restricting online wagers in the U.S. may be relaxed.

"There's speculation of a lifting of the ban passed by the U.S. Congress which would be good news for companies like PartyGaming,'' <font color="Blue">said Kevin Lyne-Smith, an investment consultant</font> at Julius Baer Holding AG's private banking division in Switzerland, which manages the equivalent of $100 billion.

"A relaxation in the law is seen as a possibility with talk that it is proving too onerous for banks to track illegal payments,'' <font color="Blue">said Martin Slaney, head of spread betting</font> at GFT Global Markets in London.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 AM

I trade only on technical analysis and usually only buy or sell stocks that are trending but you kinda had to figure there would be a dead cat bounce because the stock basically had everyone selling in a panic state. Anyway nice buy man and i hope you make even more money but just dont get to greedy. Also, im not sure if your using margin or not but ive seen to many horror stories with overnight gaps that take people out of the game with huge margin calls on stocks that are news driven. Money management is the most important aspect in trading. Again, nice trade and good luck!!!