Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: WSOPC Flopped flush

i agree with steve re: smooth calling with QQ+

but disagree with c/r flop being best. i think even old codgers can make the right fold when you c/r the flop and lead a blank turn.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:07 AM

Steve, good point, but how does that balance against the display of strength in the mind of a villain like this that a c/raise displays? One of the big advantages of a flop lead is a total disguising of your hand.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Have you been aggressive outside of just the preflop raise - cbet combo?
If so, I am making a move on the flop. (I probably will regardless).

The way I look at it, a big C-R or a strong lead on the flop are the 2 ways you are getting the chips in now. If this board missed him (also meaning no over pair), there aren't many turn cards that will cause him to double you. But, there are a lot of turn cards that will cause him to NOT double you.

I think you probably assume OP after the min-raise. If so, go after his stack now, it is probably the only way you are going to get it.

**also, I didnt really see your line as repping AK. Given your opening standards, I think A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with a Q-T, or KQ with a solo "heart:.

The river just sucks. I dont hate the way you played it. You have to be so insanely accurate on your read to check-fold there. Given your image, I suspect even the tightest player will take a stab at that. (also his stack comes into play there. I think players bluff in that spot more often when they have non-average type stacks behind them. Basically, if he only sees 6K behind, he will feel desperate, if he sees 15K behind, he will feel safe risking 4K on a bluff).