Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Pride 33

Gomi is just too fast, too dangerous, too good with the sprawl and overall takedown defense. He's back on top of his game and will want to make another point that he's the best lightweight in the world right now...

Diaz did not look good against Gleison Tibau at UFC 65 just a couple months ago. Diaz was taken down early and was getting gnp'd before he gave up his back and then swept. None of that works against Gomi. Not to mention that Tibau with good conditioning probably could have won the fight - he gassed in the first round and then gassed harder in the second...

Diaz also didn't look that good against The Dentist Josh Neer six months ago or so, despite outstriking him pretty consistently on the feet, Diaz still took the fight in to the end of the third round before putting Neer away.

Neither of these guys are on the level of Gomi. If Tibau gives Diaz trouble, Gomi is going to cause serious trouble...

IMO Diaz's only chance is to catch a sub in the first round after Gomi knocks him down, in the scramble - ala the Aurelio fight at Bushido 10. But I just don't see it happening here. The Aurelio loss humbled Gomi a bit, as did the split decision win in the rematch. Gomi obliterated a very solid Mitsuhiro Ishida at Shockwave and I think we see something pretty similar here just not quite as quick.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:38 AM

I got action on Diaz at +300 i think with Diaz cutting down the fight is basically 50-50 if Riggs and Lawler could not KO him Gomi will not.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Diaz is such a punk. Lol at Gomi just laughing in his face. I hope Gomi knocks him unconscious.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Gomi may win but he has no shot of ko'ing Diaz. Watch his Riggs fight for further clarification.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gomi is just too fast, too dangerous, too good with the sprawl and overall takedown defense. He's back on top of his game and will want to make another point that he's the best lightweight in the world right now...

Diaz did not look good against Gleison Tibau at UFC 65 just a couple months ago. Diaz was taken down early and was getting gnp'd before he gave up his back and then swept. None of that works against Gomi. Not to mention that Tibau with good conditioning probably could have won the fight - he gassed in the first round and then gassed harder in the second...

Diaz also didn't look that good against The Dentist Josh Neer six months ago or so, despite outstriking him pretty consistently on the feet, Diaz still took the fight in to the end of the third round before putting Neer away.

Neither of these guys are on the level of Gomi. If Tibau gives Diaz trouble, Gomi is going to cause serious trouble...

IMO Diaz's only chance is to catch a sub in the first round after Gomi knocks him down, in the scramble - ala the Aurelio fight at Bushido 10. But I just don't see it happening here. The Aurelio loss humbled Gomi a bit, as did the split decision win in the rematch. Gomi obliterated a very solid Mitsuhiro Ishida at Shockwave and I think we see something pretty similar here just not quite as quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think we will see a repeat of the ishida fight vs Diaz...if we do my opinion of Gomi will have totally changed. I just don't see that being possible vs Diaz's chin, but we will see. Damn ths card is gonna be real fun because it's the first one I want to see as opposed to want to bet on.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Gomi is one of the fastest, most accurate strikers in the world.

Yeah, Diesel hits hard, but Gomi hits hard, fast, and most importantly with amazing accuracy.

Popped right on the button anyone can go down. Diaz has a good chin, but he's no Cabbage. He may not get truly knocked unconscious, but Diaz can definitely be knocked down and the refs can and will step in to stop the fight with Gomi on top raining down blows while Diaz covers up.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Diaz has a good chin, but he's no Cabbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I guess you havent seen most of Cabbage's recent fights..
Old 02-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Where can I find live round by round online coverage?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2007, 10:37 PM

Heh, true. Antonio Silva did smack him up good.
Maybe Mark Hunt would have been a better example...

regardless, you know what I'm saying.
Diaz is tough as hell, but that doesn't mean he can't get TKO'd via ref stoppage...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where can I find live round by round online coverage?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6832