Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Is Neteller still the best option for Canadians?

[ QUOTE ]
You mean other than the fact that if conditions/laws in your country happen to change, they will [censored] you over as fast as you can blink?

I really don't get the rest of the world's attitude here. If I were still living in Germany, having witnessed how Neteller handeld the situation in the U.S. these last two months, you could not have paid me enough money to keep doing business with them unless I had no other options.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, I still use Neteller because it's by far the best alternative (I'm Norwegian). However, I don't keep as big a part of my roll there as I used to, preferring to keep a bigger portion in Party/Stars instead. If I need to cash out, I'll transfer to Neteller first then to my bank account/debit card. Sure, it'll take a few extra days, but that's not an issue if you don't have equity problems.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 AM

I would definitely NOT trust Neteller right now. I'm a Canadian and was wondering how NT was working with all the problems in the US. I need to make a transfer between sites, but was a bit leary to try and move a large sum of money (since I hadn't after all the lockouts went down). I attempted to transfer a nominal sum out into NT from a poker site and it's been 10 days and nothing is in my NT. I've emailed NT 4 times and received one form email and nothing else. I want to make it clear I'm not a preferred or VIP member or anything, just a normal account. Not that this should matter obviously.

I would definitely use at your own risk, and wouldn't recommend anyone use them. Their customer service seems non-existant and I wouldn't feel safe leaving money in there.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I just contacted Neteller support and the guy told me that the issue that was causing the checks to bounce (for Canadians) has been resolved and everything is fine now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot if you believe them. They told US customers it was just a 'volume backlog' and everything would resolved in a few days.

Get your money off Neteller and into Poker Stars asap!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay then how do I get my money off of Stars? If I deposit 4k from Neteller on there and cash it out, it automatically cashes that amount back to Neteller (it doesn't give me the option to cash it out by check).

Anyways, I don't see why everyone is getting all crazy about it. If your check bounces, I'm sure everything will get worked out if you contact them and complain. However, once I get this money off NT and into my bank I don't plan on using NT again, atleast until the dust settles. I hate worrying about MY money.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 PM

I use Firepay and Instadebit. Firepay has been very good for me so far. No way i'm depositing anything in Netteller.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use Firepay and Instadebit. Firepay has been very good for me so far. No way i'm depositing anything in Netteller.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are aware of Firepay's new policy right? No more deposits/withdrawals to/from gambling sites for Canadians, effective today.

I need to amend this. It looks like Firepay will be allowing withdrawals from gambling sites until the 28th of Feb.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:04 PM

Link please?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:13 PM

Ok well HOW THE [censored] am I supposed to get my money offline if Neteller checks are bouncing for Canadians. I have like 2/3 of my net-worth in online accounts and I'm really starting to get worried.

Both stars and Eurobet require that I withdraw my funds to Neteller (since this was my initial deposit method). What's my best option now guys? For any of you guys that has reported having a check bounce - what is the next step? Do you just call Neteller and let them know and they put the money back in your NT account or what? Am I best off transferring my NT money to Full Tilt or something and then requesting a check through them?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm having a hard time feeling relaxed right now.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok well HOW THE [censored] am I supposed to get my money offline if Neteller checks are bouncing for Canadians. I have like 2/3 of my net-worth in online accounts and I'm really starting to get worried.

Both stars and Eurobet require that I withdraw my funds to Neteller (since this was my initial deposit method). What's my best option now guys? For any of you guys that has reported having a check bounce - what is the next step? Do you just call Neteller and let them know and they put the money back in your NT account or what? Am I best off transferring my NT money to Full Tilt or something and then requesting a check through them?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm having a hard time feeling relaxed right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can withdraw a couple of ways fairly easily still if youre canadian. Neteller EFT's are still working, you can just call them up and complain about the cheque service and get them to waive the etf fees. Also its still really easy to withdraw from party directly into your bank account. It only takes a few hours to be approved (i think the max time is 24hrs for approval) and the money is usually in my account within 2 business days.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Just to be clear, and hopefully not too repetitive, I attempted my usual $2000 withdrawal from my US funds Neteller account. I always request a cheque, in US funds. Obviously this did not work out and will not work out until Neteller finds a clearing house willing and able to issue US cheques. They say they are trying to find such a clearing house but who really knows. My electronic funds transfer is now pending. I expect it will hit my Bank of Montreal account by Friday. If not I guess I'm back on the phone and starting to worry. If it comes through I will continue to use Neteller but i expect I'll keep my balance below $3000, using Poker Stars to hold money. Is there good reason to expect the transfer will fail ???
Old 02-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Are any Canadians using the Electronic Transfer option where you just give them a routing and account number? If so, what are the pros-cons of this versus an e-wallet?