Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Gap \"Left Weave\" Jeans

I get a lot of my clothes at Gap and never understood why most of you hate it. I got so many people bitching about it once that I decided to consult some girls. They all said shopping at Gap was fine and they liked the things I had bought.

All of you people that are freaking out over the Gap, what is your argument against it?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like Levi's are something you get at a department store. I do not like going into Macy's. This makes getting Levi's very difficult. Plus, I feel like Levi's and Gap Jeans are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Diablo I support the Levis option. Unlike DIablo I'd also support certain "metro" alternatives. There is a Levis store on Broadway between Houston and Canal.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like Levi's are something you get at a department store. I do not like going into Macy's. This makes getting Levi's very difficult. Plus, I feel like Levi's and Gap Jeans are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Diablo I support the Levis option. Unlike DIablo I'd also support certain "metro" alternatives. There is a Levis store on Broadway between Houston and Canal.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a Gap store on Broadway and 8th or 9th. It's on my way to school and I pass it at least 5x/week. Should I really walk to SoHo to buy pretty standard $50 jeans?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a Gap store on Broadway and 8th or 9th. It's on my way to school and I pass it at least 5x/week. Should I really walk to SoHo to buy pretty standard $50 jeans?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Evan,

I think people hate it cuz clothes from the Gap generally suck.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Here's the bingo.

And to address Evan's Q. WTF does passing it 5x times a week have anything to do with anything? How often do you buy jeans? For me, I only go clothes shopping like 2 or 3x a year, so it doesn't need to be in an ultra convenient location. Should you travel a little out of your way to buy better stuff? I guess that's up to everyone to decide for themselves.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Here's the bingo.

And to address Evan's Q. WTF does passing it 5x times a week have anything to do with anything? How often do you buy jeans? For me, I only go clothes shopping like 2 or 3x a year, so it doesn't need to be in an ultra convenient location. Should you travel a little out of your way to buy better stuff? I guess that's up to everyone to decide for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
"I think people hate it cuz clothes from the Gap generally suck. "

What does that mean?
How do they suck more than Levi?
Are you talking about quality or appearance?

I genuinely don't understand how they suck. And girls I've asked about them say there's nothing wrong with them. Can you guys be a little more descriptive?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 PM

can you stop making threads?

thanks
ttyl
<3
Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 PM

I hate stuff from GAP because I'm not necessarily trying to look like everyone else between 25-45 years of age. Also, the few things I've had from GAP have sucked in quality. Pay for something better, it will last longer. GAP doesn't even sell their good stuff in GAP, it goes to Banana Republic. I think they sew the dildo in the seat there free, too.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Here's the bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]
"I think people hate it cuz clothes from the Gap generally suck. "

What does that mean?
How do they suck more than Levi?
Are you talking about quality or appearance?

I genuinely don't understand how they suck. And girls I've asked about them say there's nothing wrong with them. Can you guys be a little more descriptive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more interested in hearing more on what the girls say, and who the girls are. But I find GAP to be cheap looking and very plain and uninteresting.