Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Circumcision

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...mcision_2.html
Circumcision Can Reduce AIDS Risk, Study Says
Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 PM

You have a higher rate of contracting HPV if you are uncircumsized, and a higher rate of infecting your partner.

Hoya,

"Also, it has been proven that uncircumcised men that are married get divorced LESS and are rated much higher by their partners in terms of relationship satisfaction."

Proof please kthnx, since this makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are ways of recreating a foreskin. Also, it has been proven that uncircumcised men that are married get divorced LESS and are rated much higher by their partners in terms of relationship satisfaction.

Circumcision is very dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phimosis sucks, bring on the blade!

-chicks I've run into don't care, I don't understand that logic.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:31 PM

I dont feel like looking it up, but I have read it for class before. You can probably find answers to questions on here.

http://www.norm.org/
Old 02-14-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...mcision_2.html
Circumcision Can Reduce AIDS Risk, Study Says

[/ QUOTE ]

This is meaningless to most of us for a couple of reasons. One is that there have been studies on both sides of the issue, and that a single study doesn't tell you much of anything. There's also the occasional study that says Vitamin C is dangerous.

More importantly, AIDS in Africa is completely irrelevant to AIDS in the United States. It is likely that many cases of AIDS in Africa are false positives.

Circumcision is brutal and unnecessary. Too bad people feel the need to "protect" their boys from being different.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:54 PM

In addition I think a lot of whether circumcising reduces your chances of disease 'x' is irrelevant. It is kind of like saying that cutting off your feet at birth will reduce the chance of getting athlete's foot.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a higher rate of contracting HPV if you are uncircumsized, and a higher rate of infecting your partner.

Hoya,

"Also, it has been proven that uncircumcised men that are married get divorced LESS and are rated much higher by their partners in terms of relationship satisfaction."

Proof please kthnx, since this makes no sense whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely makes sense that the sex would be better and that would likely improve the relationship as a whole. During sex the foreskin pulls back and creates a ridge which enhances pleasure for both partners. People buy ribbed condoms to simulate what we should have had naturally.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "perception" that removal of the foreskin is the same as removal of the clitoras is a cultural distinction?

That's like saying the perception that the heart is basically the same as the liver is a cultural distinction.

I think what you're trying to get at is that the perception of the value/necessity of circumcision is different in the US than in much of Europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like the perception that female genital mutilation is bad and that male circumcision is somehow ok or good is a cultural view. In some cultures female genital mutilation is viewed as good. And in others male circumcision is viewed as bad.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:09 PM

EWWW an anteater.

I'm glad my parents gave me pointless plastic surgery when I was born.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:35 PM

My friend is uncircumcised and said that his current gf didn't even realize until they had sex 20+ times when she finally saw it totally soft. This includes oral and everything. Some people have full on anteater, while others you can't tell once erect. If I had to guess maybe 95% of women could care less, maybe 5% prefer cut.

Although some women do think that uncut ones lack a certain personality and look like a martian.