Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: lol ftopsaments

[ QUOTE ]
weren't you the one who made the awful call with QQ 4handed and were up against KK for like 75%+ of the chips in play preflop allin and it came QQx?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya that was me. awful? elaborate? guy opens and im in the perfect spot to resteal like i had done numerous times. he could easily put me on a resteal and push no? maybe these players dont think on that many levels and only push monsters. what range do you give him?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weren't you the one who made the awful call with QQ 4handed and were up against KK for like 75%+ of the chips in play preflop allin and it came QQx?

[/ QUOTE ]

HH?

Also, folding quads is generally not a good idea.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 PM

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t17000/t34000
(Ante: t4000)
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2613071
Button: t453520
Hero: t1834496
BB: t1308913

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to t85000</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t275000</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in t2609071</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero INSTA calls all-in t1555496</font>.

yeah theres a short stack gonna move up a payslot. does that give more credence to his push, knowing he'll only do it with monsters since he wouldnt risk busting before the shortie? or will he push knowing that i cant call with anything for that same reason, konwing that i dont want to bust before the shortie. anyway, i dont play to move up payslots. i play to win baby
Old 02-14-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t17000/t34000
(Ante: t4000)
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2613071
Button: t453520
Hero: t1834496
BB: t1308913

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to t85000</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t275000</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in t2609071</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero INSTA calls all-in t1555496</font>.

yeah theres a short stack gonna move up a payslot. does that give more credence to his push, knowing he'll only do it with monsters since he wouldnt risk busting before the shortie? or will he push knowing that i cant call with anything for that same reason, konwing that i dont want to bust before the shortie. anyway, i dont play to move up payslots. i play to win baby

[/ QUOTE ]

The "playing for the win" logic can be pretty bad, I was going to reply saying how I instacall too, which I likely do, but after further thought, this is not a good play.

You neeed to win this pot like 59% of the time for the play to be profitable(my math could easily be wrong). Which you do not even get against a range of AQ+, 99+, you need his range to include things like 88 and KQs for this play to be profitable.

Also, you are a pretty huge tool, but still not enough of a tool for the forum to be hating on you this much.

People need to realize that bad people win tournaments all the time, and just because one of them is a 2+2er, that doesn't really change anything; most 2+2ers are bad.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most 2+2ers are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding
Old 02-14-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like you suck.

Nice score luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

hu $25/50 NL? i have a roll now. get at me, dog

[/ QUOTE ]

aejones, is that you?

FWIW I meant you suck at tournies, which I'm sure you do. You seem to have the aejones mentality of "I'm so good at cash I'm super special so when I lose in tournies it's because they are donks and they don't know how to play." In actuality you were the donk and got outplayed. It wasn't because he was a pussy who was too scared to play flops with you, it was because you kept limping on the button(LAWLS) and he figured out every time you did that he could steal from you. So, basically, you got absolutely owned, but you're right, LOL TOURNEY DONKS!

Re: 25/50 I don't exactly have enough online right now to be rolled for 25/50 headsup(well, at least not at one specific site, and it's really hard to move money around). Also I am in a challenge this month that's taking up most of my poker time.

I would be very interested in playing you in a series of 25/50 freezeouts where we start with only 30 BBs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most 2+2ers are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares, u just made mad money, be happy. u maddd?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW I meant you suck at tournies, which I'm sure you do.
I would be very interested in playing you in a series of 25/50 freezeouts where we start with only 30 BBs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

suck? thats a bit extreme. ive already admitted in this thread that im a wannabe though. and yea i got dominated hu. such is the breaks.

we can do that series of 30 bbs if we follow it up with a series of 300 bbs hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 06:30 PM

I used to be a winning player in NL Cash up to 10/20(The highest games online at the time). Then I caught the tourney bug, and have been only playing that for about the past year.

I would have to play cash alot before I felt comfortable playing you headsup 300 bb's as playing tournies most likely has impacted my ability to play cash.

FWIW I don't really have anything against you, you seem more humble than aejones, and alot less of a douche. I took initial offense to your whole "Man tourney players suck, they're too scared to play flops." statement, but it seems you have acknowledged that you were indeed outplayed.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:36 PM

well the initial statement was said partly in jest, knowing that all you tournament players would come out of the woodwork and take mighty offense. haha

this was my biggest win almost double my win in party super last year