Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Jamie Gold Meta Game?

[ QUOTE ]
im not gonna hate a guy for the rest of my life cos he got lucky and some cards fell his way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then hate him because he's apparently a liar who's trying to screw a buddy out of $6 million. You've got a lot of things to choose from with this guy. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's also quite possible that he's not too happy now, you can tell from his actions and words that he desperately seeks the approval of those around him, and we are just starting to see the poker community reject him wholesale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's bummed because nobody likes him. When Raymer and Hachem won, they were respected and, well, likeable. As a result, people liked them. It would really suck if one day you woke up and you knew that you're hated by millions of people who don't even know you.

Then you'd go bathe in money.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 AM

I don't mind Jamie
Old 02-16-2007, 04:16 AM

The funny thing is that you guys don't notice what Gold is doing. If he makes any sort of hand, his style will pay off huge. The problem with his play on HSP was that he started with suited crap and didn't improve.

Just look at Barry. He plays better values on average, but he either hits or bluffs just like Gold. The difference is that people respect Barry and fold, because he does show the nuts from time to time. Gold never made the nuts...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could lose all 12 million in a cash game if he keeps going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but what happens when he finally makes a hand. He could win like a 100 million pot because everyone thinks he is bluffing once again. Jamie is smart as a fox!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold < Varkonyi > Hal Fowler

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 02-16-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with his play on HSP was that he started with suited crap and didn't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

My memory is a bit different. He started with many unsuited Ace rag hands and small unsuited disconnecters, both groups being stone losers.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is that you guys don't notice what Gold is doing. If he makes any sort of hand, his style will pay off huge. The problem with his play on HSP was that he started with suited crap and didn't improve.

Just look at Barry. He plays better values on average, but he either hits or bluffs just like Gold. The difference is that people respect Barry and fold, because he does show the nuts from time to time. Gold never made the nuts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh ya, like when he had AA preflop, called, and raised all-in when someone raised? If he had really been setting up the table that whole time (LOL), he would have smooth called the raise and expected to get paid off after the flop. But he didn't, because he's a spazz who doesn't know how to play cash games.

Btw, the funny thing is that I watched his Live at the Bike appearance a while back, and he wasn't nearly as big of a donktard. I wonder if the WSOP win didn't warp his outlook on poker and make him believe that he is good enough to play every hand and win.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:28 AM

Good to see their inviting the best of recent WSOP winners to the table. I actually think Moneymaker would win in a HU battle! ! !
Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think Moneymaker would win in a HU battle! ! !

[/ QUOTE ]

That goes without saying. Moneymaker looked pretty good on Poker after Dark.