Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: AKo, tough board, tough reg

Raise the turn to 110. Fold to a reraise. Check down if he calls and checks river.

This way you get decent value if ahead, and can make a good decision if he comes over the top on the turn. Calling down is not a terrible option, but I prefer to put in the money on the turn. Even JJ might be scared of AA and shut it down a bit to a turn raise (and hey, Hero might hit his magic Q on the river).
Old 02-13-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn to 110. Fold to a reraise. Check down if he calls and checks river.

This way you get decent value if ahead, and can make a good decision if he comes over the top on the turn. Calling down is not a terrible option, but I prefer to put in the money on the turn. Even JJ might be scared of AA and shut it down a bit to a turn raise (and hey, Hero might hit his magic Q on the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i hate this
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i hate this

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice. Why?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:13 PM

writser and FeltBelt,

I think you guys are ignoring the fact that you almost never get called if you bet flop or raise turn.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 PM

By worse hands you mean. I agree. The flop + turn action looks good given that fact. However, is the river an easy call? Pot odds are worse, villain knows you have at least trip aces and still bets into you.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
writser and FeltBelt,

I think you guys are ignoring the fact that you almost never get called if you bet flop or raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I'm trying to find a way to show strength and see where Hero is at without simply calling down. I think I'd bet the flop, in retrospect.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:26 PM

The reason I think betting a flop (in this instace vs a solid opponent) is not good is that you are not ahead of much and hands you are ahead of fold quickly most of the time. So you're paying off the better hands but not getting value from hands that are behind. I have the As, so flush draws are not realistic. What else that's behind gives action? Hands that I'm ahead of usually have few outs, so I'm not afraid of giving a free card
Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I think betting a flop (in this instace vs a solid opponent) is not good is that you are not ahead of much and hands you are ahead of fold quickly most of the time. So you're paying off the better hands but not getting value from hands that are behind. I have the As, so flush draws are not realistic. What else that's behind gives action? Hands that I'm ahead of usually have few outs, so I'm not afraid of giving a free card

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands Hero is ahead of aren't putting any more money in unless they improve enough to beat him anyways. So why not bet and hope he can't lay down KK/QQ on the flop? If he calls we can check turn and fold river UI. If he raises we can reevaluate. I hate the line of calling turn and river, because we are so much in the dark.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 PM

Consider that my hand has decent suckout equity with the backdoor + gutshot, against the hands ahead of me. The hands I'm ahead of generally don't do as well. Also, I don't think there's re evaluating when you getraised, becaues the raise will almost always be all in or a committing one that means the same. I guess this is table dynamic dependent, but you should be prepared tohave a standard response. Which is what, fold? Is that really optimal?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:53 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it