Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Big snow coming. Do you watch the local news?

[ QUOTE ]
The city of Baltimore freaks out over an inch of snow. It looks like we're getting minimal snow, but maybe some freezing rain and sleet. Shut the city down. People around here can't drive in peak conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

THis is so true. When we got that little dusting a week or so ago I was heading over to Eddie's (Charles St.) to grab a few things and saw like 7 accidents or people spinning out of control and flailing about. At one point cutting across Stevenson I literally had to turn around, because two retards were stopped blocking both sides of the road, cut across to the bypass and hit Charles from the other side. Nearly drove me nuts.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WIU is canceled as well. Kinda sucks since I have a class that meets once a week today that I really enjoy and don't want to have everything [censored] up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF -- that's twice that I've heard of WIU getting closed this year for snow. In my 5.5 years of tenure there, we never got 1 damn snow day .. and we had some pretty decent snowstorms.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The city of Baltimore freaks out over an inch of snow. It looks like we're getting minimal snow, but maybe some freezing rain and sleet. Shut the city down. People around here can't drive in peak conditions.

I wish I stayed home today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never have believed you until I heard the radio and they were saying all of the colleges shutting afternoon/evening classes down. Seriously, I'm from the Midwest, it was -20 last week and the high school didn't close. I just got out here at the beginning of the month. Bunch of wimps.