Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Un-Ban Poster \'MyTurn2Raise\'

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was dumb what MT2R did. He was basically saying ban me. But I appreciate what Mat has done here. Some of these mods just go crazy and arbitrarily ban people for personal reasons. Thanks for keeping them in check.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, MT2R has stated that he made the post without reading the OP, and had to go back and read it after the fact to see what happened. Sure, that's probably not the brightest thing, but I never open a thread expecting the OP to make some rules about what I need to do in the thread to avoid be banned.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:24 PM

like i said in mod forum my intention really was not to make some kind of no QFT rule in OOT. i think it is dumb as hell but i don't think anyone should be punished for using it. the only exception of course was when i anticipated the horrible joke that would be made and tried to cut it off at the pass.

anyway i agreed in the mod forum that 14 days is kinda over the top, i think something like 2 days would have been better.

so anyway i agree with mat about the unbanning, whatever but i don't agree w/ mat when he says the OP should not have been made. it's no different than if someone made an OP making some general observation about something that really bugs them that they have been seeing a lot of recently but haven't said anything about.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My contention in this situation is that OOT should not have the power to make an OOT-only rule which is enforcable with a site-wide ban. Go ahead and outlaw QFTs all you want. But it should be enforced with the '*' system. Not a site-wide ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for Mat: Do you agree with the above statement by Grunch regarding non-strat forum discipline regarding matters that aren't also a blatant violation of this site's overall T&C?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I unbanned MyTurn2Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

well done. i wish you stepped in a bit more around the funny farm sometimes. things get a bit crazy from time to time.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

Given that he immediately [censored] around in the thread with a gimmick account i believe you made a bad decision here. You could cut it down to 2-3 days but an immediate unbanning is probably wrong in this case (mostly because of his gimmick account usage in that thread, post ban).

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed....
gimmick was because I did not get a chance to fully explain my position. I was working on another post as a quick follow-up for why QFT isn't so bad, but was instabanned without much notification. It was a very poor choice to use the gimmick account and one ban worthy IMO. It looks quite poor because I had a real argument in support of the use of QFT, but let my emotions get the better of me for 10 to 15 minutes.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so anyway i agree with mat about the unbanning, whatever but i don't agree w/ mat when he says the OP should not have been made. it's no different than if someone made an OP making some general observation about something that really bugs them that they have been seeing a lot of recently but haven't said anything about.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn, wrt to mat saying the post shouldn't have been made, I don't think he's referring to the entire OP, but simply the part about anyone who says QFT will be banned for a week. The OP without that is simply a standard rant, no problems there.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so anyway i agree with mat about the unbanning, whatever but i don't agree w/ mat when he says the OP should not have been made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many other posters would have been starred for starting a thread which is a pure vent and not meant to foster any meaningful discussion or containing any information.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it was dumb what MT2R did. He was basically saying ban me. But I appreciate what Mat has done here. Some of these mods just go crazy and arbitrarily ban people for personal reasons. Thanks for keeping them in check.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, MT2R has stated that he made the post without reading the OP, and had to go back and read it after the fact to see what happened. Sure, that's probably not the brightest thing, but I never open a thread expecting the OP to make some rules about what I need to do in the thread to avoid be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he saw a thread that was titled "i hate QFT" and decided to just QFT the OP w/o reading it? I'm not really sure what's worse.

Ship it!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but i don't agree w/ mat when he says the OP should not have been made

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn,

Mat disagrees. Aside the fact his judgement will determine the results here and not yours, one of you two is exercising poor judgement. Which of you is it?
Closed Thread