Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: One possible solution

[ QUOTE ]
first of all, you're exaggerating how long it takes for people to act. its not in stasis 70% of the time as you state. your claims are ludicrous. the rooms benefit far more from letting people multitable than letting the few players who would stick around just play one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I add that in my general experience, it's the people only playing one table at time who slow the game down the most. They be thinking so hard about something....
Old 02-06-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How exactly does the pokersite make more rake when the tables are in stasis 70% of the time?[ QUOTE ]

1. They prop up tables, improving available selection.
2. they subsidize bad players by paying blinds and being the losing end of bad beats.
3. They generate a huge amount of rake by playing lots of tables for many hours. Look at anyone's pokertracker stats.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM

I agree with Tuff only in the fact that they slow the games down. I like to play 1 or 2 tables myself, but that's my business. It also takes away the poker part of the game, but to each his own.

I don't see how they would drive away all the fish though? I feel like these players are the easiest to play against myself. All you have to do is take notes and pay attention to their method of play.

I would take anyone playing more than 3 tables at my table anyday. Very easy to read. I really don't see what the problem is with these players, except that they DO SLOW DOWN THE GAME. But the method they play is worth it to me.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:16 PM

WOW, Tuff you really are super jealous of us winning players aren't you.

You're like the kid in grade school that would cry when the other kids got choclate milk and he didn't cause his family couldn't afford the extra quater.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The multitabling sharks destroy the fish pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the fish destroy themselves. If we weren't there, the fish would spend their time throwing money at each other until it vanishes down the rakebox. Or they throw their rolls away on blackjack and sports betting. Or they donk it away on tournaments.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:18 PM

TF's crusade against "multi-tabling HUD bots" has always struck me as crazy. For one thing, I've seen his videos and he's always without fail
a) Using PT and what appears to PAHUD
b) Multitabling (admittedly only 2 tables for the videos I've seen, but that's still multitabling)
c) Taking hours to make decisions.

So I've never really understood TF's rants because he's as guilty as other people if not more so, especially when it comes to debating decisions and slowing the flow of the game.

Oh and for the record. I was at Oceans 11 a couple days ago and he's already notorious there. Sitting at a table and overhearing table talk wishing that JB (notorious local donator) or TF would show up today, followed by a hearty laugh. So even though you may hit the cage hard from time to time, I don't think live poker is the answer to all your problems.

Anyways, take care, see you at Oceans 11 sometime.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Old 02-06-2007, 07:23 PM

At least Tuff has a personality. The bitter people expressing schadenfreude over the Neteller arrests after blowing out their own bankrolls are far more annoying.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TF's crusade against "multi-tabling HUD bots" has always struck me as crazy. For one thing, I've seen his videos and he's always without fail
a) Using PT and what appears to PAHUD
b) Multitabling (admittedly only 2 tables for the videos I've seen, but that's still multitabling)
c) Taking hours to make decisions.

So I've never really understood TF's rants because he's as guilty as other people if not more so, especially when it comes to debating decisions and slowing the flow of the game.

Oh and for the record. I was at Oceans 11 a couple days ago and he's already notorious there. Sitting at a table and overhearing table talk wishing that JB (notorious local donator) or TF would show up today, followed by a hearty laugh. So even though you may hit the cage hard from time to time, I don't think live poker is the answer to all your problems.

Anyways, take care, see you at Oceans 11 sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's like the politician that wants tougher drug laws....but...smokes pot
Old 02-06-2007, 07:28 PM

Delusional
Irrational
Misguided
Impractical
Unnecessary
Retarded

Take your pick of these adjectives, as they all apply.