Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Official Toronto Raptors 2007 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have great hockey knowledge.

Well maybe but you're an insufferable homer. Your BBV4Life assertions that Mats Sundin is a top 3 player in the league (even ahead of Crosby) and your belief that Bosh is MVP material casts doubt on your knowledge.

You're a Leafs fan, not a hockey fan. Similarly you're a Raptor fan but your basketball IQ doesn't extend beyond that one team. Pretty typical of Toronto sports fans actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wires,
In addition to being a Toronto fan he is a Steve Nash fan. Also this is typical of all sports fan not just Toronto ones.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well maybe but you're an insufferable homer. Your BBV4Life assertions that Mats Sundin is a top 3 player in the league (even ahead of Crosby) and your belief that Bosh is MVP material casts doubt on your knowledge.

You're a Leafs fan, not a hockey fan. Similarly you're a Raptor fan but your basketball IQ doesn't extend beyond that one team. Pretty typical of Toronto sports fans actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm an Oilers fan (and view the Leafs without bias(Mccabe is terrible and possibly the most overrated player in the league) and yes Sundin is better than Crosby. The Bosh MVP thing was an obvious exagguration. Come playoff time this year I would take Sundin over Crosby, maybe next year that may change, but as of right now Sundin is the better player.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:59 PM

and yes Sundin is better than Crosby

Ok. I think we're done here...
Old 02-10-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
view the Leafs without bias

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mccabe is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sundin is better than Crosby.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Come playoff time this year I would take Sundin over Crosby,

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sundin is the better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. I think we're done here...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Stop hijack, GOOOOOOOOOOO RAPS BOSH4MVP ETC
Old 02-10-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wires,
In addition to being a Toronto fan he is a Steve Nash fan. Also this is typical of all sports fan not just Toronto ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. The moment you strip all homerism, it goes from spectator sport to calculus test. Lighten up.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wires,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. The moment you strip all homerism, it goes from spectator sport to calculus test. Lighten up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between rooting for a team and wanting them to do well and making illogical retarded arguments for said team.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 PM

This season has been incredible. I'm literally on the edge of my seat for every single game. It's so much fun to watch the raptors develop into a contender.

Does anyone else think that trading away Vince Carter in that one sided deal may have been the best thing that has happened to the raptors?
For one, it's the reason why Rob Babcock was fired as GM and brought in Brian Colangelo. It's deja vu again as he's doing the exact same thing for Toronto that he did in pheonix. Amazing! not forgetting that trading away Jalen Rose to free up cap room prior to Brian coming helped out a lot.

woooooooo!! as I'm typing this Toronto is up 13-4 against Detroit. I'm stunned! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

New Jersey is getting a taste of what Toronto fans have felt about Vince carter's work ethic for years and now there's talk that Vince will surely be traded before the trade deadline. I'm really glad we got rid of him as I'm really loving the players that we have now.

Parker and Garbajosa is outstanding, Calderon is emergin as one of the great point guards in the league. Bargnani is going to be a force, he's going to be the face of the raptors for a long long time. Bosh is making a serious case for being the MVP this season and I agree. And Rasho Nesterovic is one of my most personal favourite players having another fine season. I hope we don't lose Mopete....
Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 PM

For one, it's the reason why Rob Babcock was fired as GM and brought in Brian Colangelo.

This was huge. After Babcock botched the VC fiasco he was gunshy and couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger on another deal. He turtled and claimed he was restricted because they didn't have any cap space.
It was incredible to see an experienced guy come in here and show how it's done. Jalen and his 15 million or so a year was gone 10 minutes after BC got here as well as all that dead weight chewing into the cap at the end of the bench (although to be fair I think Emery had the Rose trade locked before Colangelo got here).

The best thing though was how he understandood this market. It's tough to get quality American players up here. I don't necessarily blame them - it is another country after all. Muticultural city? Fine. Off to Europe we go.

We have the makings of a real nice team here. Good guys too - all of Babcock's wackjobs (Rafer Alston) have been ousted.

This should be fun... finally.

I hope we don't lose Mopete....

Yeah, me too. But he's probably a prime candidate for trade bait - or maybe one of the point guards. If Colangelo has demonstrated one thing it's that he's not afraid to make a move (just ask Charlie V.)

Mo Pete may not be the most consistent guy on offense but he's a hell of a defender.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, me too. But he's probably a prime candidate for trade bait - or maybe one of the point guards. If Colangelo has demonstrated one thing it's that he's not afraid to make a move (just ask Charlie V.)

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point there's no way he's going to trade Jose or TJ. Colangelo likes to build his team around the point guards and it's the main reason why the raptors are doing so well this season. There's no drop off in production when the bench steps in. I think the raptors have one of the deepest bench in the league. A lot of teams are caught off guard and are now realizing how good Calderon is.
Darrick Martin may be the sloooowest point guard int he league right now and we'll be holding our breath everytime he steps into the court if we lose one of our point guards.