Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: The Well: Snowbank

[ QUOTE ]
is it true that you are the king of the 'burbs? cuz that's def what i heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may, or may not be true

hallelujah holla back
Old 02-05-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pic is broken

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed it
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 AM

I was at a super bowl party tonight and didn't bother calling this girl. she is not my girlfriend but we're pretty serious. we dated for a couple years. except she lives in a different state. i bought tickets to come see her in a few weeks. anyway, when i call her she sounds upset and i tell her to relax and stop over-reacting, which is something she does often. 3 minutes later we've hung up. i feel good because i gave her 'the bidness' and she feels good because she's giving me attitude. healthy.

she calls a couple times as i'm falling asleep tonight but i say [censored] it, i'll deal with her tomorrow. then another friend calls. but it's not her when i answer. it's her friends and she's passed out at a bar and i have to get out of bed and drive and pick her up. it's not far, and her friends know we're [censored], so they expect me to do it. lame, but whatever. it's -10 outside and my new saab doesn't like cold weather. and who can blame him? while driving i decide to kill time and call out of state biddy and tell her i was sleeping, can this wait until morning? i don't turn the radio down fast enough and she tells me it doesn't sound like i'm sleeping. i tell her i am, that i have to go, and hang up. she calls back 2 or 3 times in a row and i don't answer. eventually i turn my phone off.

i pick up drunk girl. get her situated in the front set, then home, then on the couch, with blankets, water, puke bucket, etc. and then go upstairs. my email says 'answer your phone you [censored] [censored]' and the next email says 'you're not welcome in my house, do not come'. so i've obviously pissed her off (the out of state one). I called her twice and no answer. I will not call her again tonight.

So, what's my play tomorrow? And what, standard sex aside, does this girl owe me for picking her drunk ass up at a bar, carrying her in below zero temps and making room in my house for her? i also work in the morning, fwiw. cookies? dinner? anal?

thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at a super bowl party tonight and didn't bother calling this girl. she is not my girlfriend but we're pretty serious. we dated for a couple years. except she lives in a different state. i bought tickets to come see her in a few weeks. anyway, when i call her she sounds upset and i tell her to relax and stop over-reacting, which is something she does often. 3 minutes later we've hung up. i feel good because i gave her 'the bidness' and she feels good because she's giving me attitude. healthy.

she calls a couple times as i'm falling asleep tonight but i say [censored] it, i'll deal with her tomorrow. then another friend calls. but it's not her when i answer. it's her friends and she's passed out at a bar and i have to get out of bed and drive and pick her up. it's not far, and her friends know we're [censored], so they expect me to do it. lame, but whatever. it's -10 outside and my new saab doesn't like cold weather. and who can blame him? while driving i decide to kill time and call out of state biddy and tell her i was sleeping, can this wait until morning? i don't turn the radio down fast enough and she tells me it doesn't sound like i'm sleeping. i tell her i am, that i have to go, and hang up. she calls back 2 or 3 times in a row and i don't answer. eventually i turn my phone off.

i pick up drunk girl. get her situated in the front set, then home, then on the couch, with blankets, water, puke bucket, etc. and then go upstairs. my email says 'answer your phone you [censored] [censored]' and the next email says 'you're not welcome in my house, do not come'. so i've obviously pissed her off (the out of state one). I called her twice and no answer. I will not call her again tonight.

So, what's my play tomorrow? And what, standard sex aside, does this girl owe me for picking her drunk ass up at a bar, carrying her in below zero temps and making room in my house for her? i also work in the morning, fwiw. cookies? dinner? anal?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
buttsecks for SnG
Old 02-05-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. if i'm 19 and in college and have 40k lying around where should i put it?

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously i need to do something with this cash
Old 02-05-2007, 03:53 AM

um get a bank account?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since i'm the same boat...i put $4k into my 2006 roth IRA, which you can do until April, and $4k away for my 2007 roth IRA. I keep about $10k in my eloan high interest savings of 5.24% and about $20kish in 2040 mutual funds.

a-shippin'-and-a-holla-in'
Old 02-05-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since i'm the same boat...i put $4k into my 2006 roth IRA, which you can do until April, and $4k away for my 2007 roth IRA. I keep about $10k in my eloan high interest savings of 5.24% and about $20kish in 2040 mutual funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have a regular job that you made 4k in delta? cause if not you can't put poker winnings in as income.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have a regular job that you made 4k in delta? cause if not you can't put poker winnings in as income.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i actually work as a junior scientist @ a urology lab at the university of minnesota. it's 75% time, and that's a stretch, so I have a lot of free time for poker/other. also, i deducted the maximum possible out of my pay pre-tax for my 403b, so combined with my IRA stuff, if i live long enough i'll be a rich old man (hopefully).

although now you've got me curious, why couldn't someone use poker money for an IRA?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The usual first questions:
your poker life?
What stakes do you play?
how many hands/tables you play in set amount of time?
First hand, no reads on villian: Rock paper, or scissors?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for a write up I did on my poker story a while back.

I 8 table $400nl right now after being probably the most overrolled player on the net at $200s.(got hated on a lot for it, but I still think it was a good move, at least in the shorter term) I played hundreds of thousands of hands at $200nl, and would still possibly go back since I can make more at $200nl than I can at $400nl.

Here's why: If I can run 8-10ptbb/100 at 200nl, but can't make 5+ at 400nl, I can make more money at the 200s. I can also usually play longer sessions because I'm on auto-pilot a lot, where at 400s I have to think. But as one of my friends who was killing higher stakes games told me: "MVStud: its not cool to be the best 1/2 nl player" It would be nice to play 5/10+ because there's a lot more money to be made, but it'd take time to get there. Right now basically I specialize in making more money than anyone off donks. Moving up to higher stakes I'd have to learn how to make a lot of money off the other pros. I don't know what I could make winrate wise at 2/4, but right now I'm definitely under 5, so we'll see what I do. I may hire a coach and try and move up to high stakes quickly, or I may just grind $200/$400s and focus on other investments. We'll see.

As far as how many hands per session, etc... I play, it depends. In moving up to $400nl I've been a lot more motivated to play hands since it's been more challenging and trying to learn all new players, etc...(my results on Stars have been terrible in the past, so this is the first time I've tried Stars in a while, so I knew 0 players coming into the 2/4 games there.) The other day I played an 11,500 hand session(most ever by far). I was going to keep playing, but got coolered deep stacked and decided to stop:

PokerStars Game #8161766717: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2007/01/28 - 09:59:11 (ET)
Table 'Lina II' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: duckworth1 ($1089.60 in chips)
Seat 2: douvid ($29.20 in chips)
Seat 3: Braisss ($279.30 in chips)
Seat 4: snowbank ($1896.40 in chips)
Seat 6: sweep11 ($114.40 in chips)
duckworth1: posts small blind $2
duckworth1 said, "no all in?"
douvid: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to snowbank [Kd Ks]
Braisss: raises $275.30 to $279.30 and is all-in
Braisss said, "yes all in if you want"
snowbank: calls $279.30
sweep11: folds
duckworth1: raises $810.30 to $1089.60 and is all-in
douvid: folds
slakmon joins the table at seat #5
Braisss said, "had big hand"
Braisss said, "lol"
Braisss said, "maybe JJ for dukcs"
Braisss said, "is the bigest pot you ever seen on 1/2"
duckworth1 said, "lol, its 2/4"
Braisss said, "oh the same"
snowbank: calls $810.30
*** FLOP *** [Jd Qd 4c]
*** TURN *** [Jd Qd 4c] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [Jd Qd 4c 5h] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
duckworth1: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces)
snowbank: mucks hand
duckworth1 said, "did you set up snow?"
duckworth1 collected $1620.60 from side pot
Braisss: mucks hand
duckworth1 collected $839.90 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2462.50 Main pot $839.90. Side pot $1620.60. | Rake $2
Board [Jd Qd 4c 5h 2h]
Seat 1: duckworth1 (small blind) showed [Ac Ad] and won ($2460.50) with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: douvid (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Braisss mucked [Qs As]
Seat 4: snowbank mucked [Kd Ks]
Seat 6: sweep11 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Most hands I've played in a month: 88,000+ last February. I'll hit 100,000 this month because I have a $1,000 prop bet with carrot so I'll make sure I hit it. I've already played 25,000 this month, which is by far my fastest pace ever to start a month.

Probably "rock" to your last question
Closed Thread