Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Prince Halftime Show

I guess I agree with everyone else - it was pretty awful, but I had no idea Prince could lay down such rad solos. I like his music but the band was way too loose and the sound was really bad and his voice was not working, also WTF we need some more spectacle, flying pigs or exposed nipples or something.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why didn't he sing 'little red corvette'?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Prince got religion a few years back and will no longer perform some of his older songs, esp. ones that are about trying to bang a girl that sleeps around.

Plus, did anyone else scream "WTH, the Aunt Jemima look?" when they first saw his head attire. Don't know what was up with it. Of course he ripped it off his head near the end which I just figured was a slight homage to Janet Jackson.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:07 PM

Horrible halftime.

Prince looked like one of the cheerleaders in The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler remake)

Michael Jackson's 'Heal the World' halftime is still tops in my book.

edit: There were also several times that he played his nasty guitar rifts without having a hand on his guitar. Maybe I was drunk by halftime but my friends agreed that there was a lot of cool music being played while he was doing theatrics for the crowd.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:24 PM

I don't understand why everyone is hating on Prince's performance. He sang great as always and played the [censored] out of the guitar...and he had a freakin' marching band. I didn't notice the band being "way too loose" or the "sound being bad"...and the idea that "his voice was not working" is ridiculous. Wasn't working? How?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:33 PM

i am not a huge prince fan but honestly, i thought it was decent. the guitar solo was amazing
Old 02-04-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why everyone is hating on Prince's performance. He sang great as always and played the [censored] out of the guitar...and he had a freakin' marching band. I didn't notice the band being "way too loose" or the "sound being bad"...and the idea that "his voice was not working" is ridiculous. Wasn't working? How?

[/ QUOTE ]
Everybody in our group (mixed couples) all thought the show was pretty excellent given our expectations - I can't remember a Super Bowl halftime show that I didn't think totally sucked. Then again, Prince was of our generation, whereas some of the recent acts (Rolling Stones, Timberlake/Jackson debacle) were not. I thought he and the band did a great job, and it was extra cool in the rain.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horrible halftime.

Prince looked like one of the cheerleaders in The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler remake)

Michael Jackson's 'Heal the World' halftime is still tops in my book.

edit: There were also several times that he played his nasty guitar rifts without having a hand on his guitar. Maybe I was drunk by halftime but my friends agreed that there was a lot of cool music being played while he was doing theatrics for the crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was playing with the frets w/ his left hand and not picking the strings.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:47 PM

For the record, the reason that I have always disliked Prince is not that he is not talented or hasn't made some good music/catchy tunes. It's because I learned early on after seeing a video of him play guitar that he is a just flat out filthy, nasty amazing guitarist, yet he rarely if ever featured his playing. Instead of putting out rock, he put out pop. It always seemed like an incredible waste of talent.

PS. Aunt Jemima look was a poor choice.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:51 PM

i wonder what sort of cash you could have made betting that Prince would do a Dylan song at the Superbowl...i'm guessing a lot.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 PM

i thought it was pretty awesome when he was siloutted behind that huge white sheet, and in profile his guitar looked like a huge wang and balls.