Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Uranium hits a new all time high

[ QUOTE ]
I like UUU (I own it). I believe that they are a very good candidate for a takeover by Cameco, which should be buying a few U308 companies since their Cigar Lake production is delayed for 5-7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I find this pretty scary. Yesterday I said UUU could be bought out, and one day later it happens. Ok I got the wrong buyer but still...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there any point in me holding uuu given it will be sold for 305p in may?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will hold and maybe buy more. 7.05$/share is actually a bit low in my opinion... I wouldn't bet all my money that shareholders will approve this... And there's always a chance of a counter-bid by someone else

It is pretty safe to just hold your shares for now.. At least, they won't drop. And there's still a little bit of upside.

I guess this news leaked out because friday, 10M shares of UUU were traded on the TSX.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Uranium stocks are going bananas today. Hope some of you guys had a chance to load up.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cq?d=v1&s...g+lam.to+mga.to
Old 02-16-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there any point in me holding uuu given it will be sold for 305p in may?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do hope you bought. Now trading at 321.5
Old 02-16-2007, 01:21 PM

The common collective pattern regarding trends is ignorance, then disbelief, all the way up. Then implusive over-commitment at the top.

Are we there yet?

No. The thread has very few views, even with frequent bumps.

Specifics: I notice MGA.TO has been kind of disappointing. As long as you have a basket of these, you are very happy.

Nice Example:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=uuu.v
Old 02-16-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The common collective pattern regarding trends is ignorance, then disbelief, all the way up. Then implusive over-commitment at the top.

Are we there yet?

No. The thread has very few views, even with frequent bumps.

Specifics: I notice MGA.TO has been kind of disappointing. As long as you have a basket of these, you are very happy.

Nice Example:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=uuu.v

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not agree with you more. I am waiting for that compulsive over-commitment to put these stocks in the stratosphere and then I will be running for the exits. I am guessing we are 12-18 months away from that blow off top.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:34 AM

can i just thank gonebroke2 for posting this. from my limited research i have done this is going to continue to rise until it gets overvalued. this point is still a while from peaking. as soon as my gaming shares have reached my sell value, im putting as much as i can into uranium, becuase it means [censored] all whether i think its going up, it matter that other investors think it will go up becuase they all think it will go up. buy buy buy till it hits a stupidly high value then sell sell sell. that stupidly high balue will be reached as soon as those people 'in the know' start selling aka the price stops rising and starts to fall. this happened with oil, it will happen with uranium. we are currently at the equivalent value of around $50/barrel of oil. it will rise another 50% and then start to fall back down again. i am not basing this on any knowledge i have, i am basing this on what investors will expect it to rise to and then start selling at.

it means [censored] all being able to work out what value YOU think it should be priced at, it matter what everyone else expects it to rise to. i think there is still another 50% rise and no more. lets enjoy this undoubted rise and then get the [censored] out of it.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:45 AM

john kane,

Just remember a few things. You buy into weakness, not strength. Although the price of Uranium has been going up in a straight the line, the same is not true for the stocks. Wait for a pull back and then jump in.

Don't over extend yourself to the point where you won't be able to sleep from your investments. These stocks are gambling.

Finally, the guys over at Sprott Asset Management are just one of the many guys I follow. Their website is at sprott.com, and they just released their 2007 Uranium Report. It is a large PDF file, so give it time to load. Tons of good information for any newbie or seasoned speculator.

http://dashboard.sprott.ca/servlet/displ...earch@bcimc.com
Old 02-17-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it means [censored] all being able to work out what value YOU think it should be priced at, it matter what everyone else expects it to rise to. i think there is still another 50% rise and no more. lets enjoy this undoubted rise and then get the [censored] out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Essentially you are investing with the "greater fool" theory. I.e. you know it's over priced, or you don't care to know what it should be priced at, you think you are just smarter than all the other speculators thinking the exact same thing and will get out just before they will. You don't mind being a fool because you think you are in a game with even greater fools.

In poker you wouldn't make decisions without factoring in pot odds and the true value of your hand. But in trading you feel you can ignore that because you have the magical ability to predict the actions of thousands of strangers. Good luck with that.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im putting as much as i can into uranium

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds scary

[ QUOTE ]
we are currently at the equivalent value of around $50/barrel of oil. it will rise another 50% and then start to fall back down again. i am not basing this on any knowledge i have, i am basing this on what investors will expect it to rise to and then start selling at.

[/ QUOTE ]

If in your opinion, the current value of uranium is about $50/BOE why do you think other “investors” will bid uranium up to $100/BOE when they can currently buy March crude for $59/BOE? It would be hard to justify running the risk of another Chernobyl by operating current reactors or building any new nuclear reactors when they would have to charge almost twice as much for the electricity they produced. Also remember utilities have price caps. So if you really believe uranium is comparatively that expensive I would be very hesitant to invest in it.