Default Re: Drunk girls walks in my apt at 5 am

it sort of had potential around the 3 sentence mark and then fell sharply
Old 02-02-2007, 04:59 PM

YSSCKY
Old 02-02-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If drunk girls were likely to walk into my apartment, I would consider that a reason to strongly avoid locking the door.

Of course that means I probably wouldn't sleep and would just spend most nights sitting there staring at the door going "open, open, open".

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus the difference between Dids and WOW nerds.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:07 PM

this post had so much potential...
Old 02-02-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this post had so much potential...

[/ QUOTE ]

like I said I'm sorry I screwed this up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I learned and fwiw I warned you all. Also, trust me, unless you have never touched a girl before, you would lock the door to prevent girls like this from walking in.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:14 PM

i have a similar story, sorta. i wrote it up for a few friends to read so ill cut and paste it here since its along the same idea as OP. its SOOOOO long and probably worth a couple tl;drs, but if you are really bored you can read it:

so, lauren (girfriend) and i spent the evening doing normal [censored] - we watched royal tennenbaums, went out for japanese food - we bought a bottle of 5$ red wine and watched curb your enthusiasm, ate popcorn, yadda yadda. sometime around 130am we decided to go to bed. some nights before we actually go to sleep we read in bed for a half hour or so, which is what we were doing when we heard someone try to open the front door of my apt. he didnt knock, he just kept trying the door knob. i hopped out of bed and grabbed a big hairbrush (the only thing i could find very quickly that might substitute as a weapon) and ran into the living room. by this time, the guy was banging his body against the front door and trying to open it with the knob. the dead bolt was locked. i twisted the lock on the doorknob so both we locked now. then i looked out the peep hole and saw a white guy who i have never seen before about 25-28 years old banging on the door and smashing his body into it over and over. i yelled thru the door, "what the [censored] are you doing and who are you?" and he responded with "open the [censored] door." i ran into the kitchen and grabbed a big kitchen knife. at this point he had been trying to get in for about 5 minutes and showed no signs of leaving. lauren was hysterical in the bedroom. i had her call 9-1-1. they put her on hold and when they came back to her i took the phone and gave them all the info they needed. all the while, the guy was still banging on the door just as hard and as violent as ever, if not even more so. i stationed myself in front of the peephole to keep and eye on the guy and the 9-1-1 lady stayed on the line with me. i yelled thru the door "ive got a knife in my hand and im talking to the police who are on their way and youre not getting into the apartment." this seemed to only anger him more and he kept banging and trying the knob, now with somewhat more of a sense of urgency.

the 911 lady said that there were no officers free yet (nearly 2am on a friday night) and i told her that if he even tries to come thru a window that i was going to stab him in the neck with the knife i was holding. she then said officers were clearing another call and would be coming as fast as they could. just then, i could see thru the peephole that the guy was walking away from the door and it appeared like he was walking down the street to leave. i gave the dispatcher a description of his clothes so that they could stop him down the street.

heres where it starts to get interesting.

as he walked away and i felt some sigh of relief and was ending the call with the lady i turned around to go back into the kitchen to drop the knife off and return to calm lauren down. in the kitchen of my apt is a sliding glass door that leads out to a little patio. i always keep that door locked. just as i got to the kitchen i figured i should double-check it before i go to bed just to confirm that it was indeed locked. i reached my hand toward the sliding glass door handle and, just then, as i was literally extending my hand toward the handle, the guy opens it from the outside. it was just like youd see in a horror movie. of course, it wasnt locked afterall. i was doing laundry while we were watching movies throughout the night and, for what i believe to be the very single time since ive lived there, didnt lock the door after me when i entered it the last time. i also believe that no one has ever tried to break into my apartment since ive been there. it was just screwy luck that the two things happened to happen on the same night.

so the guy slides the door open, i lunge for the knife i had just set on the counter. the 911 lady and i were saying our goodbyes when i yell, "he's coming into the apartment, hes in the apartment 3 feet from me." things had gone to the next level now and my adreneline was pumping beyond belief. i start screaming at the guy as i was holding my knife to his throat and kept telling him to get hte [censored] out - and i told him that the police were seconds away (which i had no real way of knowing). the lady on 911 was screaming at me as to whether it was me who had the knife or him and where he was and did he have a weapon (he didnt as far as i ever found out). lauren is screaming at the absolute top of her lungs in the bedroom - i told her to lock the bedroom door and hide.

so, the guy is in my small kitchen. im blocking him in the kitchen with the knife held about throat level ready to absolutely slaughter the guy if he made any agressive advances towards me or if he, himself, went for one of the many kitchen knives sitting in a block 3 feet from him. i kept yelling at him to get out and he just sort of stared at me semi-blankly. i knew then he was totally lit on whatever drugs. i knew he wasnt drunk because he wasnt falling over or anything and because no matter how drunk you get if you can stand you typically arent of the mindset to spend 10 minutes trying to get into some guys apartment and then remain there for another 10 minutes while he has a knife to your throat and while he's talking to 911. like hunter s thompson said, "you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug."

so we had this standoff. i have cell phone in one hand still on with 911, long knife in the other, drugged out creep in my kitchen staring at me and moving around a little bit comtemplating (i guess) what he was planning on doing in my apartment now that he was finally in there, lauren is berserk in the bedroom and pdog is sort of sitting in the living room chilling. i just keep repeating over and over for him to get out of the apartment thru the sliding glass door. he wouldnt. i asked him if he wanted food or money and he got very indignant and yelled to me, "im not a [censored] bum!" and i responded with "well, then, what the [censored] are you doing in my kitchen at 2am?" he kind of smirked and walked around the kitchen a bit. he never showed any interest at all in leaving.

the 911 lady was giving me approximate ETAs for the police. finally, somewhere around 25 minutes from when we sat down in bed to read and we first heard the guy try the doorknob and about 10 minutes after the guy was actually in the apartment, i heard the police bang loudly on the front door. i threw the cell phone one way, the long knife another and ran to the door and let them in. (no sense in me answering the front door with a long knife in my hand provoking the cops to shoot me.) there was one cop at the door and i could see three more about 20 feet behind him sprinting toward my apartment. i pointed at the guy and all four of them tackled him in my kitchen and then they drug him outside.

i gave the cops a brief rundown and ran into the bedroom to calm lauren and let her know everything was ok. think about it from her point of view. she never saw the guy, just heard me yelling frantically and heard him occassionally yell this or that. she knew he was in the apt. she didnt know whether or not i was still on the phone with 911 and she didnt really even know if the police had been fully notified. then she hears some loud bangs (cop banging on door) and a loud physical scuffle, then some silence. she told me a bit later she didnt know the cops had come and she thought the guy had made a move and that he or i was dead - and, of course, if i were dead, then she was next in line. i calmed her for a bit and the cops came and talked to me and her for a while - maybe 20-30 minutes - they asked a bunch of questions about the night and assured us that the guy was going to be in a cell for at least the rest of the night.

they had him down the street cuffed in the back of one of their cars. they said he was definitely out of his mind on drugs. he claims that he thought he was in someone else's apartment - someone he knew or something. im not sure what his answer was to the question of why he didnt leave when some guy he'd never met was holding a knife to his neck and he had a clear way to leave (thru the sliding glass door).

anyway, so they took him to jail and said they would change him with under the influence and maybe some other things and that they would call me if they needed my help with anything. i was a bit put off by this because it was a huge deal and they were treating it as if the guy was just caught peeing outside by the traintracks. i asked for and got a case number (police ID number) for the incident in case i wanted to do anything about it in the morning, which i decided i didnt want to deal with.

lauren and i sat on the bed and i calmed her down for the next hour and we laughed and joked about the whole thing. i took pdog out to go potty and thanked him for being the great protector that he had demonstrated he was (i think at some point while the guy was in the kitchen and i had a knife to him i saw pdog taking a nap on the couch). the next morning everything still seemed like a dream, but, sure as [censored] on the kitchen counter was a long kitchen knife and a info card from the police with a case number on it.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:18 PM

this looks way to long to read, you have to post some cliff notes or something

edit: sad that 2+2 went down for a little bit, but it turns out your post was actualy a pretty good read.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: sad that 2+2 went down for a little bit, but it turns out your post was actualy a pretty good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree, his may be longer but skip mine and go to his [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 05:46 PM

Did he look like this?

Old 02-02-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree, his may be longer but skip mine and go to his [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, runner, i figured you could use the help for stopping everyone from ripping on your post - now they can rip on mine instead!