Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Neteller. There might be a way.

is it enough to move your neteller address to a different country?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems to be the case so far. It would be a good idea to get a written confirmation from Neteller before moving though.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:19 AM

Hold on, I thought P2P transfers were dropped for Americans, or are you suggesting they "move" to Canada and have their addresses changed. Would NT then allow them to withdraw? Seems like a stretch...

Tuco.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:25 AM

I'm a US citizen but I live in Costa Rica, have an address and a Costa Rican bank account. Do you think it be possible for me to change my account details and then have a check sent to me?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems to be the case so far. It would be a good idea to get a written confirmation from Neteller before moving though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt this would work. They're going to want ID and a utility bill from Canada.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:33 AM

The neteller guys are appearing in court later this month (2 weeks I think, not 100% sure though). If the charges are dropped, no doubt you will get your money (all of you). If they are charged with something then the chances of US customers accounts being frozen for a long time increase considerably.

If you have a few thousand dollars in Neteller now, it might be a great deal of money for you (and me too for that matter) but it is something you can live with.

If in the other hand you have a lot of money in Neteller, then I would be taking a "vacation" abroad very, very soon and start working on that utility bill as it appears to be the biggest problem.

I would certainly talk to Neteller before and make sure that this would allow you to withdraw your money.

As always it alldepends on how much and how important that money is to you.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:46 AM

I highly doubt this would work. They're going to want ID and a utility bill from Canada.

Rent a room and find out wich utility bill is the quickest to get hold of. Again, it is a question of what is more important. The time it will take you to do this or the money and the time it will take you to get it back.

I got my account closed because of the P2P I accepted. I send a copy of my passport and a bill from my cell phone company. I didn't even wrote or talked to them before that. My account was reopened 6 hours later.

I am sure Neteller will be more than happy to release your money as long as you give them a reason to be able to and won't be asking too many questions besides the ones strictly related to your own security.

GD
Old 02-02-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The neteller guys are appearing in court later this month (2 weeks I think, not 100% sure though). If the charges are dropped, no doubt you will get your money (all of you). If they are charged with something then the chances of US customers accounts being frozen for a long time increase considerably.

If you have a few thousand dollars in Neteller now, it might be a great deal of money for you (and me too for that matter) but it is something you can live with.

If in the other hand you have a lot of money in Neteller, then I would be taking a "vacation" abroad very, very soon and start working on that utility bill as it appears to be the biggest problem.

I would certainly talk to Neteller before and make sure that this would allow you to withdraw your money.

As always it alldepends on how much and how important that money is to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a reply to my question? Doesn't seem so but i'm easily confused.

Again, does anyone know if an American that moves to Canada can change the address of the account to a Canadian one and then have access to the funds? After address verification obv.

Tuco.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:49 AM

Again, does anyone know if an American that moves to Canada can change the address of the account to a Canadian one and then have access to the funds? After address verification obv.

I have allready written in several posts that it seems to be the case but that it would obviously have to be confirmed by Neteller.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have allready written in several posts that it seems to be the case but that it would obviously have to be confirmed by Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thats one "I don't know" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm sure and American has asked them this already. I know it would have been the first thing I asked if I had a decent balance in there and couldn't get it. Anyone?

Tuco.
Closed Thread