Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Stars $530 Hand Nagging Me

[ QUOTE ]
Well I haven't seen you play many hands, so I could not tell if you were a nit or not. I have seen many times a call from the SB with QT, K9s etc especially against a LAG opponenet. But if you are tight, then I would limit your range to 88+ ATs, maybe JQ+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this should be a really easy fold for you. I think the only reason this hand is "nagging" you is that you did the worst possible thing and just called the flop checkraise. I have no idea what your plan for the turn is if you don't catch a J. Anyway I think this hand would be interesting if you actually had a pair.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only reason this hand is "nagging" you is that you did the worst possible thing and just called the flop checkraise. I have no idea what your plan for the turn is if you don't catch a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I don't mean to be an [censored] here OP, but this + the range you came up with for grafyx tells me that you are major dead money and should not be playing $530's unless you have that kind of money to throw around. If you won a satellite, take the T$ next time.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:38 PM

OP, I really don't see the point of doing anything but folding here. They way I see it, you have 7 outs (gutshot + overcards) at best, but probably less.

Fold.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, heres what I gave you a range with, 55-88, any 9 or T, you culd have 9T-AT,or 89-A9.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were the 215 sunday mil, you might see these ranges - IMO you don't see a ton of weak calls out of the SB when its the $530, players are usually a smidge more cognizant of position - as an aside I don't like opening the pot UTG+1 w/ KQo especially considering your level of activity precluding it

Do you guys think a push might work here? I don't think he folds after this betting sequence - seems like he has a big hand, easy to say in hindsight but if you check thru you get a free chance to hit that gutty/ K or Q